Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ivan is awesome and does great work. I had a previous tune from a local guy using a wideband tuner and knowing what I know now I would have never wasted my money, I would have just ordered the stuff from Ivan because the price includes his maps which are amazing! The wideband caused my bike to be too lean and cost me 5 hp in the lower midrange.

Here is a uncorrected run from when I picked it up, kind of a crappy day but I'm happy
ZX-10R Ivan Dyno.jpg

Some comparison maps from the day before which was even crappier.
ZX-10R Ivan vs feracci Dyno 3.jpg

ZX-10R Ivan vs feracci Dyno 2.jpg

ZX-10R Ivan vs feracci Dyno .jpg

Singing on the dyno

·
Registered
222 Posts
Nice numbers!

If you live in the northeast there is absolutely no reason to get your 10 tuned anywhere else.

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That last graph showing 5ftlbs of torque increase at 6K (right in the mid-range) is AWESOME! :thumbsup:
I know I thought it was just a dip due to having race cams but he got ride of it and I can definitely tell when riding it :D

Wow B. I didnt think you were actually going to Ivan!!
Yeah I wanted to get rid of my dips and knew if anyone could do it he could. I dropped it off and picked it up the following week. I figured I'm not doing any more mods that would effect the way the bike runs so I wanted it done right :D

Hows your bike coming along?? I should have my GoPro soon and we can get some vids ripping up the sweet twistys by you next season :D

Nice numbers!

If you live in the northeast there is absolutely no reason to get your 10 tuned anywhere else.
Yeah I agree, I tried a local tuner that used a wideband and as you can see Ivan did much better :D

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My bike is coming along slowly, I dont have much time to work on it.
I know that feeling, thats why I let a shop install my cams. You have the whole winter since its getting pretty cold so no rush :)

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Nice numbers!

I have never messed with the map Ivan sent me with my PC3 and ign module.

No point to it, bike runs smooth. Maybe someone could eek 1 more hp out of it down here but it's not worth risking the overall ride quality in my opinion.

He worked hard on that 1st gen set up. Not just dyno time but actually riding the bike.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Nice numbers!

:bs:
Sorry couldn't help myself, being arguebly the best tuner in the North East is in New Jersey and actually builds race bikes as well as tunes.

·
Registered
222 Posts
:bs:
Sorry couldn't help myself, being arguebly the best tuner in the North East is in New Jersey and actually builds race bikes as well as tunes.
?... I was talking about tuning 10's specifically. Yes, if I wanted my aprilia tuned I'd take it to AF1 racing in TX. if I wanted my forks rebuilt I'd take it to washington cycle works in NJ. if I was a privateer racer in AMA and wanted to build a superbike motor I would take it to celtic racing in NY. if I wanted a smooth running kwak 10 or 14 streetbike, I'd take it to ivan's shop.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
ivan is worth every penny. when i lived in fishkill i took my bike to him for a 15k service, dyno, the whole shebang. nice guy, and honestly the best pricing and very fair, didn't feel at all like he charged to much money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts