Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well fellas I went and picked up my bike last night. I couldn't find a black 10 so instead I bought the fast red R1 to keep up. I would post a picture of it but it has been raining and I think that I am cursed like El'D. It hasnt rained in the past two months and I finally go and get a bike and its suppose to rain almost all weekend. I am still going to stay around this forum though, there are too many squids on the R1 forum. So for now I guess that I am going to sit inside and :beer: and watch the rain.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
congrats man, its all one big family, what year R1 did you get. If its an 04 or 05 give us a comparison.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
yeah give us a comparo with the 10 and r1....

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
damn, is that it in your avatar, it is beautiful, i like the r1's styling. i raced one, pretty much dead even, he pulled on me a tad after 150ish, but he had pipes and didnt know what else since he had just bought it used.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Congrats Luckz!

Hope she treats you well, and let up know what you think of the two!

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That one in my avator isn't mine but its the same color. Whenever the sun comes back out I will get a pick of her. Miykl I am definetly keepin the rubber side down this time

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
And Happy Birthday ofcourse! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my b-day is actually next friday...Nator your right

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Glad you got another bike. Enjoy.
Raining down here too, whole south east coast I guess.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright the raining finally stopped on sunday so I could finally get to ride. The first 100 miles I took it slow since I haven't ridden since my accident. I know that I am physically prepared the best that I will be but I just wanted to make sure that I was mentally recovered. I got more comfortable and I touched me knee down around the 200 mile area. We ended up putting over 300 miles on her sunday and I have gotten pretty use to the bike. Here are the comparison's that I have come up with between the 05-10r and the 05R1. First the seat on the R1 is super soft and more comfortable. Next we will move to the power. The 10 definelty has more low end on it but coming out of the turns I kind of liked not having that much low end. IMO I don't think that you are prone to spin the back tire as easy. I did however forget about the slipper clutch. I do miss that and I wish that I had one of those again. I forgot when I went to downshift from 3rd to 1st. Got a little wiggle but no big deal. Headlights we all know that the 10's sucked. When I am in the turn the front end feels heavier like a honda 600rr and it just feels planted really well. The only major differance is the stock brakes. My god I forgot how good yamaha's stock brakes are. To anyone thats out looking for a bike you can't go wrong with either of these bikes. Like I said they both have their pro's and cons and you won't be dissapointed in either of them. I can't say anything that bad about the 10 except the lights and brakes.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
luckz88 said:
Well fellas I went and picked up my bike last night. I couldn't find a black 10 so instead I bought the fast red R1 to keep up. I would post a picture of it but it has been raining and I think that I am cursed like El'D. It hasnt rained in the past two months and I finally go and get a bike and its suppose to rain almost all weekend. I am still going to stay around this forum though, there are too many squids on the R1 forum. So for now I guess that I am going to sit inside and :beer: and watch the rain.
Missed this thread before... Congrats on pickin' up a bike. :eek:ccasion1 And at least now I know I'm not the ONLY one the curse hits. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks El. Ya that curse sucks but ever since than it has been nice. So I will take those four days of rain for these past two weeks of sun

1 - 20 of 22 Posts