Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It made 175.09hp and 80.75ft lbs of torque atw with a yoshi R55 slip on,akra link pipe,pcv,k&n filter and custom map.. No other mods

Heres the dyno sheet:

Im quite happy with this figure considering im still running the stock headers and cats and have minimal mods..
The guy dyno'n it told me it was a strong engine,considering that he recently dynoed a 1000cc blade with full exhaust,cams, pc,air filter that made around the same figure:cool:
Gotta love 10's:thumbsup:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Nice bro! I cant wait to get my header, and stacks to get mine dyno'd. Seeing this give me hope for my mods lol. Nice to finally have sum real numbers running different set ups to see what works best together

·
Registered
491 Posts
These posts make me really frustrated....

I had an '04-

It made 142 HP stock
I put on a Yosh TRS slip on it made 150.7

I then put on a full Hamaguchi system and it made 151.75..

Now I just bought a 2008-Had it tuned on Saturday.
It made 142 bone stock-

With Arata Slip on it made 151HP-Full custom map,PERFECT AF @13/13.6 Across the Range..

On a DynoJet Dynameter
WTF????

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
These posts make me really frustrated....

I had an '04-

It made 142 HP stock
I put on a Yosh TRS slip on it made 150.7

I then put on a full Hamaguchi system and it made 151.75..

Now I just bought a 2008-Had it tuned on Saturday.
It made 142 bone stock-

With Arata Slip on it made 151HP-Full custom map,PERFECT AF @13/13.6 Across the Range..

On a DynoJet Dynameter
WTF????
Every dyno is different. You could go to one and pull 150hp and go to a completely different one the same day and pull 180hp. The numbers aren't as important as are the a/f ratio and your curve.

·
Registered
974 Posts
HP numbers are nominal...percentage of net gains is what tells you where your money is best spent...15% gains is 15% on any dyno, anywhere, fact.

Perfect A/F and a nice power delivery, if this is not enough, spend more money...if said dyno told you it was 180hp or 150hp, regardless if it's not enough it isn't.

J

·
Registered
101 Posts
another thing on bikes is the good dynos will have forced air so the bike isnt sucking for air that isnt there, but has air pushed into it, thatll come into play a lot, do sum searching before you et it dyno'd to find the best guy and dyno. a slip on or exhaust wont get you anywhere amazing over stock power, like he said, spend a little more to put in your bike and youll be looking at those numbers or maybe better!

Live Fast, Ride Hard!

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
when they do yer runs..Get them to measure in sae and NOT STD....makes a diff..

·
Banned
1,056 Posts
It made 175.09hp and 80.75ft lbs of torque atw with a yoshi R55 slip on,akra link pipe,pcv,k&n filter and custom map.. No other mods

Im quite happy with this figure considering im still running the stock headers and cats and have minimal mods..
The guy dyno'n it told me it was a strong engine,considering that he recently dynoed a 1000cc blade with full exhaust,cams, pc,air filter that made around the same figure:cool:
Gotta love 10's:thumbsup:
Thats a GREAT dyno run, and typical of what is for all intents and purposes, a race tuned engine from the factory once you trash the can and boom box. Normally I am a K&N hater, but not on this model. It works. I have done a lot of testing on these Gen 3 filters.

Many, actually a lot of Gen 3 owners post these type of mid 175+ numbers after an exhaust change, Power Commander and aftermarket filter.

My last dyno run a few months back produced 180, but that was also with an ignition module, and BST wheel with ceramic bearings and full Akra system, PC3 and cam timing.

I have race cams, springs and thin head gasket left "in stock":lol: , though I may not even bother as this Mofo pulls like no other already.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Thats a GREAT dyno run, and typical of what is for all intents and purposes, a race tuned engine from the factory once you trash the can and boom box. Normally I am a K&N hater, but not on this model. It works. I have done a lot of testing on these Gen 3 filters.

Many, actually a lot of Gen 3 owners post these type of mid 175+ numbers after an exhaust change, Power Commander and aftermarket filter.

My last dyno run a few months back produced 180, but that was also with an ignition module, and BST wheel with ceramic bearings and full Akra system, PC3 and cam timing.

I have race cams, springs and thin head gasket left "in stock":lol: , though I may not even bother as this Mofo pulls like no other already.
You actually have a intake race cam left?:spit: I remember you selling one to a member on here.

·
Banned
1,056 Posts
You actually have a intake race cam left?:spit: I remember you selling one to a member on here.
That wasn't the 08 intake race cam I sold. It was the 06/07.

The 08 race intake is basically the same (same lift) as the stock 08, just 4 more degrees and i really cant see that doing much below 10K RPM's, so I am not sure I will even bother with it.

·
Registered
491 Posts

I don't get it?

Your saying a K&N air filter is going to add 30HP to my bike??

I put an exhaust on..I put a PCIII on..I am running an OEM filter though..

I just can't see people's bikes running a true 175RWHP?? (with just the pipe and a map)

My bike is a California model-it only has 3206 miles on it,it runs perfect it's not as if there is something mechanically wrong with the bike?

I'd just like to find out where these "magical" dynos are?

I talked with dood who tuned my PCIII on his Dyno and he said Ram air dynos make MINIMAL difference in HP results and is for land speed guys or drag busa's that want to extract that last 10th. He said his dyno is calibrated from dynoJet and has some"newest soft ware" that makes manipulation of the HP number impossible through air temp and humidity alterations?
The curve on mine is perfectly linear and the A/F is spot on..Would I like more power? You bet your ass I would! But I'm just curious about all these numbers people are throwing out.. I haven't been able to find someone with a Gen 3 that is willing to do a back to back dyno pull with mine to see what the deal is..

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good numbers - did they shoot air into your intake?

Can't wait to get mine dyno'd, in two weeks..
Yeah from what i could see there was a smaller fan directed at the radiator itself, and another large one built in the front of the booth that was blowing alot of air at the front of the bike:wink:

·
Banned
1,056 Posts
I don't get it?

Your saying a K&N air filter is going to add 30HP to my bike??

I put an exhaust on..I put a PCIII on..I am running an OEM filter though..

I just can't see people's bikes running a true 175RWHP?? (with just the pipe and a map)

My bike is a California model-it only has 3206 miles on it,it runs perfect it's not as if there is something mechanically wrong with the bike?

I'd just like to find out where these "magical" dynos are?

I talked with dood who tuned my PCIII on his Dyno and he said Ram air dynos make MINIMAL difference in HP results and is for land speed guys or drag busa's that want to extract that last 10th. He said his dyno is calibrated from dynoJet and has some"newest soft ware" that makes manipulation of the HP number impossible through air temp and humidity alterations?
The curve on mine is perfectly linear and the A/F is spot on..Would I like more power? You bet your ass I would! But I'm just curious about all these numbers people are throwing out.. I haven't been able to find someone with a Gen 3 that is willing to do a back to back dyno pull with mine to see what the deal is..

Not just NO, but nothing like that at all. I never said nothing like 30HP.

Where are you located? I am in Atlanta and will do a back to back with any bike for comparison purposes.

·
Registered
279 Posts
When the time comes that I get my first gen dynoed up and tuned I would love nothing more than to see a 170 minimum.

Sadly, I don't think I have put enough into the bike to get it there. But I can hope.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I have no mods left to do by the time I get it dyno'd, possibly a thin gasket & cam, so it better pull more than 170. Here's what I've done as far as performance:

two broths slip-on
boom box removed
cat completely gutted
two broths juice box (tuned as high as it goes at this point)
secondaries removed
all smog removed
K&N
X-TRE
87 octane (no ping)

·
Registered
491 Posts
You know what? Thats a [email protected] good question! :mrgreen:
Sorry Man.. I didn't mean to bust your Onions-I am just frustrated with "only" 150HP, with what seems to be the same gear as the average guy with A Gen 3 here.
Pipe-
PCIII-
Custom Tune-

I just want to get to the bottom of this Mystery..
I want to know exactly what Mode these other Dyno's are running-my guy is swearing up and down his Dyno don't lie and that's it-"you got 150 REAL WORLD horsepower" That's what he's telling me.. :sad:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Link pipe

You said that you still have the cats but I thought the akrapovic link pipe removed the cat? Are they in the head tubes or not?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts