Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe that the cop didnt give me a ticket.... I was running late, and it was like 7 AM, and the cars in front of me were going about 30 MPH in a 45, and so i passed them, all three of them, in the middle lane (Turn only for both sides of the road). The cop comes up to me and asks for my license, which i still dont have my M endorsement..... and he even says, "that just cost you a ticket!" I was just really nice and apologetic. He asked me if i think i deserved a ticket for what i did, and i just said i knew what i did was wrong, and i shouldnt have done it, so i guess i do. Blah Blah Blah.... I could tell he didnt like my answers, and REALLY wanted to give me a ticket, but for some reason he decided not to. Even said, normally you would be getting 3 tickets for $250 each for each car you passed, and he would impound the bike and take me to jail.

This was my first time getting pulled over on my bike, and am still shocked he was so nice about it! Although i am kind of glad he did pull me over, because now i know that i am not invisible to them, and will think twice next time for sure!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Thx for sharing.. He was being tough to instill a lesson, and perhaps it worked. My suggestion? Call the station/precinct and make a telephonic commendation. No need to recount your violation, just a mention of contact between you and the officer and his courtesy/professionalism. That small gesture will let the officer know he reached you on a level which will be long lasting and beneficial (something we popos always wonder about anytime we get soft and choose verbal warnings over citations)...

Stay safe, yo..

·
Registered
352 Posts
Thx for sharing.. He was being tough to instill a lesson, and perhaps it worked. My suggestion? Call the station/precinct and make a telephonic commendation. No need to recount your violation, just a mention of contact between you and the officer and his courtesy/professionalism. That small gesture will let the officer know he reached you on a level which will be long lasting and beneficial (something we popos always wonder about anytime we get soft and choose verbal warnings over citations)...

Stay safe, yo..
Great idea! :+1:

Oddly enough, I've never been pulled over... *knock on wood*
My time is coming though, I'm sure of it.

·
Registered
654 Posts

Stay safe, yo..

Great Idea!!

I'll do that next time..for sure..

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Great idea! :+1:

Oddly enough, I've never been let go... *knock on wood*
My time is coming though, I'm sure of it.
thats how it goes for me, maybe if i lick my lips seductively? :dontknow::lol:

I did get arrested once for a bench warrant once and the cop was nice as could be, and we actually became friends after

·
Registered
352 Posts
I should clarify, I've never been pulled over while on a motorcycle.
I'm about to go ride though... this might change. :\

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Stay safe, yo..
Thats a great idea, but i dont even remember the cops name. And how do i know which station to call?

·
Registered
118 Posts
In South Florida that would of meant a set of bracelets and a free ride to the station, with an impound of the bike WITH OUT A DOUBT !!!

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Nope - didn't get pulled over. My ride wasn't very exciting.

Why don't you have your M-License, sir?!?!
Well, i went to go take it about a year ago, and even rented a trailer, trailered the bike up there (So i wouldnt get in trouble riding on/off the place without license, and did everything correctly, passed everything on it, except i had my visor up, because i couldnt hear the walkie talkie very well over the loud exhaust.... And apparently that is an auto fail... And just havent been back since then. I know that is no excuse and do plan on getting it as soon as i get back in town from this rig.

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That is his helmet sitting on the tank
You are correct sir! I have a tank bag, then my Vega V-tune helmet sitting on the tank bag. Thats why it is up so high. Here are some pics just for the heck of it.

You can see the helmet in the 1st, 2nd, and 4th pic. In the 4th pic, you see the tank bag it is sitting on, and the third i through in just for kicks and giggles.... :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Awesome luck bro!

I was stopped a few months ago around 930am Sunday morning for doing a wheelie down Country Club. It was a sitdown wheelie, perfect form at a steady 40-55mph and I rode it out for a couple hundred yards, no cars were around me at the time. I stayed right in the middle of my lane on the 3 lane wide road. As soon as I set it down I saw cop lights coming up behind me. I pulled over and the 1st thing the cop said was "you know why I'm pulling you over right?" I said making a poor call in judgment. He said "yes and you know what doing a wheelie gets you?" I paused and he said "it's reckless driving." At this point I was thinking to myself oh great, I'm defiantly getting a ticket and my insurance is gonna be fucked. Then he started making small talk with me asking questions about my bike and even commented on the wheelie I did, he then started telling me about how he rides also and owned a zx6r for a while and was saying how there is a time place to do wheelies, etc.. As soon as I heard him say that I felt a huge relief come over me thinking he might just give me warning since he is a rider. Sure enough after he ran my plates and did a check on my record all I got was a verbal warning. Haven't done a wheelie on a public road since then lol. I now only do wheelies on the rural back roads outta the city and play it safe. It's awesome getting an understanding cop like that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts