Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was headed to have breakfast with my dad on saturday morning and was riding in the carpool lane. Traffic was slow and go and i was splitting lanes in the carpool when out of nowhere the van in front of me decides to jump the double yellow line and get out and into the number one fast lane. I was probably going about 50mph give or take when i jammed on my breaks and started emergency braking and swerved out of the vans way. I locked up my back break went into a rear wheel skid and jumped into the number one fast lane...the only problem was that traffic was stopped and i was approaching the car in that lane fast. I rearended the guy in the fast lane which propelled me forward. I racked my pelvis on the tank handle bars, and trunk of the car. I flew over the top of the car, did a 180, and bounced off the roof of the car and was laying flat on my back in the carpool lane again, now facing oncoming traffic.
After i wiggled my fingers and toes all i could think is no fucking way that just happened to me. It all happened in a split second but during it it was like slow motion. I didnt get knocked out and was awake the whole time. I never hit my head or got any road rash...im truly blessed. I was wearing full gear and when the medics got to the scene they kept telling me to relax and put my head down. I told them no i didnt want to mess up my helmet lol. Then they told me they had to cut me outta my clothes, i refused them to cut my jacket. I told them i dont care how much pain i was in just wiggle me out, they all laughed and did just that.
They strapped me to a gurney and air lifted me to usc trauma center. Im here now and have done a ton of xray, cts, and inspections. They didnt fine any fractures but i did separate my pelvis in the front and back, holy smokes does it hurt. When they were doing the xrays one they needed me standing, and i blacked out and collapsed from the pain.

As of now were waiting on insurance to transfer me to ucla for surgery. They are going to install some plates and screws and put me back together

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Heal up fast man.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Goddamn man I'm truly sorry to hear that but am glad.to hear you are.alive and still can move you are in our prayers
Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Glad you managed not to get to broken, shit happens.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
damn man, glad youre more or less ok though. a bit of pain is better than feeling nothing. heal up quick and easy B. Hows the bike lookin?

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Pics of the bike?

·
Chairman of the Board
16,050 Posts
Hate to hear you went down but really glad your not hurt any worse than you are. Heal up fast man!

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
What a TROOPER, you ain't cutting my gear off me.
Been there, done that.
Heal up fast bro.
Best wishes.

Rep sent

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah hope your doing good. So was it the other guys fault 100%?
Well you would think so but ultimately its up to the way the cop writes his report and what these other parties involved said i guess. Until yesterday i didnt even know if the van had stopped since i was on the ground facing the other way. Turns out he did so we. will see...honestly though thats the least of my worries. Im just glad to be here typing this post

Thanks for the well wishes everyone! Ride safe out there

1 - 20 of 46 Posts