Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my girlfriend suprised me and hooked me up with a gps unit i have wanted, and its so freakin sweet!! got the garmin c330, a little pricey but damn so easy and nice!! Top speed runs here i come!!!!!!!!!!! and just got a video camera, waiting on the bike mount, so i can now record it, with the raptor shift light also when that comes in!!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
cool stuff man. I just got a copy of the micro$oft streets program and loaded on my pda and DAMN!!! I want to get a bluetooth GPS reciever so that i can plug it into the streets program.

I would like to hear what your likes and dislikes are of it.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
let you know when i test her out!

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Yup- love gps. On this bike I use a garmin ique 3600 in a joe rocket bag.
I modified the window of the bag with a piece of race ticket holder vinyl so that it is larger.
Also have a 12volt adapter that I can pug into battery tender lead or use a battery pack with 4aa batts to keep ique on and charged.

Touch screen is great.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Ground Zero said:
Ground Zero
WSB Rider

Bike: ZX-10R 'ORN JUC'
GPS is awesome! Great for navigating the 'backroads' and for charting unknown territory. Accurate speed indication is a real plus when calibrating a Speedo Healer. You will love it. I have a Garmin 276C myself mounted on a stem stand. How are you planning to mount yours?
Attached Images
That's too cool! I've been looking for a "compact" gps! I ordered a stem mount for my radar with an extra mounting plate to put one on, that one would fit perfect.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Ground Zero said:
GPS is awesome! Great for navigating the 'backroads' and for charting unknown territory. Accurate speed indication is a real plus when calibrating a Speedo Healer. You will love it. I have a Garmin 276C myself mounted on a stem stand. How are you planning to mount yours?
Ground Zero - What type of mount is that? I have a GPSV & I used zip ties to mount mine when checking my Speedo Healer.

I wouldnt mind a nice mount that works with the hyperpro.

Any links to where to buy it (the mount)?

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rich, i haven't set it up yet on the bike, but i think i am going to mount it on the ram air duct, the suction cup is quite strong, and this unit is very compact, its all touch screen so no buttons to push.

·
Registered
900 Posts
RichTJ99 said:
Ground Zero - What type of mount is that? I have a GPSV & I used zip ties to mount mine when checking my Speedo Healer.

I wouldnt mind a nice mount that works with the hyperpro.

Any links to where to buy it (the mount)?
THe mount is off of the standard Garmin hardware mounted to a stem stand. Here is a pic of the mount...

Attachments

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
RickRoush03 said:
Rich, i haven't set it up yet on the bike, but i think i am going to mount it on the ram air duct, the suction cup is quite strong, and this unit is very compact, its all touch screen so no buttons to push.
make sure it doesn't interfere with anything when full lock in both directions.

BD

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tonight will be setup night. just got my HID's in today so after that the bike is complete for me.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts