Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've been away for a while since I haven't had a computer. Just wanted to share some of my chronicles so that maybe you won't feel so bad or alone if you are dealing with serious crap in your lives.

The Bad:

1) Girlfriend of two years dumps me. I didn't realize how much I actually loved her till she left.

2) She won't come back but still wants to talk (too hard for me)

3) Did not chain down a 21,000 pound piece of cargo because I thought the seas four days ago would be calm. Said load shifted to Starboard and almost sank out 100 ton Fast Supply Vessel. Spent the next few ours fighting to right the boat and save our lives.

4) Got fired for my negligence. It could have happened to anyone, an honest mistake.

5) Won't be able to save the 4-5k for school in August.

The Good:

1) Did not die. A huge reality check. Now feel that I should not be afraid of anything.

2) I was able to get in pretty good shape over the past couple weeks offshore.

3) My confidence has seemingly returned and I do believe that females may be checking me out from time to time.

4) I got pulled over 5 minutes after taking the mufflers of my Z1000. The cop had followed me and witnessed a pass at 90 miles an hour, a stand up wheelie and an expired temporary tag. HE LET ME GO. He said I need not dig myself into a hole and told me to get myself straight.

5) Evidence of a guardian angel?? I mean, 5 minutes after I take off with no fear. Is this God telling me not to push my luck? I don't know but I'm alive and maybe I should give up wheelies and road hooliganism.

Thanks for reading. Even though I'll probably never meet any of you, I know that you are the people that would stop to lend a hand if I needed you on some dark ass road in the middle of wherever you live.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Sorry to hear about your rotten luck - and I thought I was the only one. Keep positive, things will turn around for you. After all the hatin you do on cops, you finally ran across a good one! I told ya they are out there. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re:

Sorry to hear about your rotten luck - and I thought I was the only one. Keep positive, things will turn around for you. After all the hatin you do on cops, you finally ran across a good one! I told ya they are out there. :mrgreen:
You guys remember everything! LOL Yeah, I guess it's high time to ease up..

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Things will look better soon, you still have your most important asset- your life. If you still have that, you'll always have a chance to get back to where you want to be. Without it, well frankly you are no longer around to worry about it. Good luck in the future.

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts
dude keep your head up, it will be hard to do but keep it up. I went thru 5 years of job trouble's, woman trouble's, financial trouble's, i was down and life sucked. then one day a job that i really wanted & i had applied for called me up and offered me a position and things instantley turned around, i still thank the lord very much for helping me out

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
The Bad:

1) Girlfriend of two years dumps me. I didn't realize how much I actually loved her till she left.

2) She won't come back but still wants to talk (too hard for me)

3) Did not chain down a 21,000 pound piece of cargo because I thought the seas four days ago would be calm. Said load shifted to Starboard and almost sank out 100 ton Fast Supply Vessel. Spent the next few ours fighting to right the boat and save our lives.

4) Got fired for my negligence. It could have happened to anyone, an honest mistake.

5) Won't be able to save the 4-5k for school in August.

The Good:

1) Did not die. A huge reality check. Now feel that I should not be afraid of anything.

2) I was able to get in pretty good shape over the past couple weeks offshore.

3) My confidence has seemingly returned and I do believe that females may be checking me out from time to time.

4) I got pulled over 5 minutes after taking the mufflers of my Z1000. The cop had followed me and witnessed a pass at 90 miles an hour, a stand up wheelie and an expired temporary tag. HE LET ME GO. He said I need not dig myself into a hole and told me to get myself straight.

5) Evidence of a guardian angel?? I mean, 5 minutes after I take off with no fear. Is this God telling me not to push my luck? I don't know but I'm alive and maybe I should give up wheelies and road hooliganism.
Think of it this way...
[Begin session with Dr. Phil]
The Bad:

1) What have you learned about love and your own heart because of this?
2) See #1.
3) Now you REALLY understand the meaning of "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."
4) One door closes while many more may open. Perhaps it takes this job loss for you to progress to your next step in life.
5) See #4.

The Good:
1) You are alive and so is anyone else that was on the boat. How many families did you save from getting bad news?
2) See #3 below.
3) See...another door may be opening here. You have no ties and you are feeling better, looking better. Confidence is everything.
4) There are LEO that are just everyday guys....here's proof...and also a paradigm shift?
5) Proof of the shift?
[/Session]

In all seriousness. Glad you're alive. Sux about the girl. Good to see you are noticing other girls. Hardships and life's lessons define who we are and give us the widsom necessary in life.

·
Registered
643 Posts
keep your head up bro. last september i found out my finace was doinking a good friend of mine 5 DAYS BEFORE THE WEDDING. called of the saturday weddign the monday before. by the time i got back home (work trip) she moved out and took everything but the dog. (i'd kill over the dog, shes mine) including the mini blinds and my Weber grill (she moved into an apartment) Anyhow life sucked. Late last summer i sold the CBR, Bought the Ninja, met an amazing girl (crazy hot) and love life again. Sometimes life sucks but trust me, it quits hurting when the pain goes away.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Things are neither bad nor good but it is thinking either way that makes them so. Enjoy all that is open to you now, the negatives are gone and you can do anything you wish. Now is the time to make that x country bike trip through the south to southwest you've always wanted to do. (Not sure if you actually do, but hell why not.)

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
Sorry to hear about all the problems...Enjoy life though...Women are the least of your concerns. Life, money, and making life better are good things...Everything else falls into place.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
From all the experiences that I have had in my young life so far the one thing that I have taken from all of it is that no matter how bad the shit gets, if you live through it then you are that much stronger.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
A good attitude is a must for having a successful life and you seem to have it. Keep your chin up.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts