Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A challenge has been tossed out by a local rider. He has an 02 or 03 G1K...It has a PC?, pipe and filter...I don't know what his gearing is. He want's to race me. My bike is stock with the exception of +3 in the rear, 520 conversion and 1/5th throttle mod.....

I am NOT a drag racer, so I know I will need to work on my starts....Other than that, do I really have anything to worry about? Not that I really care, but this oughta be fun!!!!!

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Even if you're not the greatest rider, the power of the 10 will make up a little for your starts. You should be able to beat him.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THat's what I am thinking! He is not a good rider at all....He claims his bike is a "busa/10r killa".....His words, not mine!!! He did dyno his bike last summer, and he only got low 140's out of it....After he was talkin all this smack about how he was going to pull in the 160's!!!!!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Do a roll-on his choice, you will walk him easy. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
bluedevil said:
True dat!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Yeah, your best bet would be a roll on instead out of the hole especially if you have a hard time launching, believe me, on the highway, you'll kill that piece!!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
A high performance bike, requires a high performance operator. The difference in the race may rely more on skill than equipment.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
bluedevil said:
Yep roll on. Takes the rider skill out of the eqation to a large degree. Brings it down to bike difference. And there is a big difference between tens and gixxarse

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My normal riding psi is 32/32.....I will most likely slam the bike for this little endevor! This guy thinks his bike will pull mine on a straight away.....I will give him the option of a roll on or a drag start...No worries, though....I have someone that is a very good drag racer lined up to help me with the starts.

Can't wait for warm weather!!!!

·
Registered
374 Posts
How much do you guys weigh? Power to weight ratio is always something to consider.I had an 04 1000 and my buddy had a 04 10 and he was 145 lbs I was 165lbs and we were real close on roll ons.We would roll in 2nd and he would actually start to pull away in 5th gear and that was it.From the start was a different story,Damn gixxer was a bitch to launch compared to the 10..the gixxer felt like it made more low end grunt and would wheelie through 1st and 2nd.No doubt you will win if you are lighter in weight!:helmet: Now I have a 10 and it is a very forgiving bike on the start.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
+ 3 on the rear should eat him alive from a standing start , even if you fluff it up you'll catch him easy.

·
Registered
216 Posts
What are some tips on good off the line starts for the 10.

What should he/we rev to.

I also have a friend that I work with that's talkin smak about his 04 gixxer 1k.

·
Registered
99 Posts
if its roll, should be good race. if your going from stop...and he has some skill or practice and you have none.. you wont stand much of chance. good rider could run lets just say 10.0s and poor rider 11.50's or worse.. thats about 20 bike lenths or so. if its just for fun anyway, go from stop and go from roll at different speeds and see how the outcome is.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Ill race him in my el camino and kick his ass lol. then again my elky runs low 10's on n20. Don't even worry about this race just take it smooth off the line (if you dont roll on) and give it to him in the top end. he probably wil launch just as bad if not worse than you so you dont really have to worry about him launching on you. If its a roll on make sure your over the tank and tucked before you whip the throttle that way you keep the front on the ground.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts