Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i work for american honda and this week is bike week.

today we had a raffle to be able to purchase a used bike. 70 bikes in all from dirtbikes to crusiers, watercraft whatever.

about a 1000 people in the raffle, and as ur name is drawn u pick what u want, and that item is taken off the list, so not only is it hard to be picked, but if ur not one of the first ones picked u dont get what u want.

everything was marked 25% below low book, so the deals were good.

anyway i was the 3rd person called so i bought me a red 2004 cbr1000rr with 7k miles on it in absolutly perfect condition.

im pretty stoked right now. i only paid $5,300 with tt&l.

oh and the 10 isnt goin anywhere. its just gonna have a new stable mate.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
MOVED>>> And sounds like a pretty good deal. But ummm... it's a Honduh dude. :badteeth:

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the suspension is nice and soft on the cbr (too bad the seats a brick) i think it'll make a nice street bike. the 10 is a track bike of course.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and i know its a honda, but trust me, there wasnt much of anything else out there lol. these are all company vehicles used, for testing, press vehciles. demo's, fleet vehicles, stuff like that. hondas usualy doesnt carry too many kawi's around if u know what i mean.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
projekZERO said:
and i know its a honda, but trust me, there wasnt much of anything else out there lol. these are all company vehicles used, for testing, press vehciles. demo's, fleet vehicles, stuff like that. hondas usualy doesnt carry too many kawi's around if u know what i mean.
I was just pokin' a little fun at ya. :thumbsup:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
projekZERO said:
and i know its a honda, but trust me, there wasnt much of anything else out there lol. these are all company vehicles used, for testing, press vehciles. demo's, fleet vehicles, stuff like that. hondas usually doesnt carry too many kawi's around if u know what i mean.
Good deal- nice perk.

I love my ZX10r but have been a Honda rider since 94. Traded my 96 Erion style RR towards the 10. And sold my XR50, which I miss, to a friend. Also to pay for the 10.

My EU1000 gen kicked butt after the hurricane, can't handle the 5000watt rattle box coleman gen overnight.

Still have a 94- 900rr, they are hard to beat for commuting duty and beating on. Big trunk with seat on a hinge, the mirrors clear over the top of car mirrors and I can see what's behind me. Added 96 rearsets and an Ontario tree so no need for a damper for city duty.

So basically I love Honda and Yamaha too but right now, I would buy an 06 Kawi 10r if I had to replace the 05.

Seems Kawi is now the one following the original spirit of the 900rr.

Briefly rode a modded 1000rr, I'm sure I would love it had I bought it but as you know the 10r has that edge the honda seems to lack.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
definatly. the cbr suspension is definatly softer when checkin the rebound on the front, its feels liek a softer ride also. however i dont notice the extra weight its real smooth and handles great.

the motor feels like the 10 till about 7 or 8 grand where the 10 just gets nasty. when riding the cbr around 7 ur like ok here we go, the 8 rolls around and ur like ok here we go, then 9....10... you get the picture. it has a nice more linear pull. its still fast. and it does come on the cam, just not like the 10 does.

it is more stable in the corners tho. the 10 will bite you if u dont show it respect. little movements and body adjustments can get the 10 upset. the cbr feels more stable. but the 10 does feel more flickable. but that might be due to having the suspesnion setup up on the 10 and the cbr is untouched.

oh and i didnt know cbrs didnt have ram air......bummer....ohwell

1 - 9 of 9 Posts