Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.gorilla-auto.com/motorcycle.alarms

I've had this alarm for over 2 years now and figured I would post up a review.

The Good
First of all, the price on this alarm is great for a Motorcycle alarm with a pager. It can easily be found for much less than $200. I paid somewhere around $150 for mine.

The alarm is very easy to install. Probably taking 10 - 15 minutes at most (literally). It connects directly to your battery and requires you to position an antennae and the control box and thats pretty much it. It is very easy to program as well.

The alarm has both a shock sensor and tilt sensor. So even if the bike is stood up off the sidestand very carefully the alarm will go off. The pager has good distance and beeps or vibrates (depending on preference) once if something just bumps the bike or multiple times if the alarm is actually set off. There is a little picture of a motorcycle on the pager with symbols indicating to you which sensor was triggered. It is very handy at work as I just leave the pager on my desk and it lets me know if anyone messes with my bike (You would be surprised how many idiots will touch and/or try and sit on a bike that isn't theres). The alarm is easily armed/disarmed with the press of a button.

The alarm is very loud when it goes off and will definitely get attention.

The Bad
I do get the occasional false alarm. Maybe one or two a month while at work.

Also, if it is raining hard outside it probably will set the alarm off. I think this is due to the shock sensor being under the rear seat where there is not much room to reduce vibration from the rain hitting the seat.

The alarm does not prevent the bike from being started. I guess it would be possible for someone to steal your bike and ride off with the alarm blaring.

Also, if a thief happened to rip the seat off of the bike and disconnect the alarm from the battery it would be rendered innefective, but I don't see this happening and the alarm would be going off up until the point where they disconnected it.

Verdict
I highly recommend this alarm to anyone on a budget. Being someone who has had a bike stolen from me before, I can tell you how important it is to have an alarm if you have to leave your bike outside at all.

It may not have all of the features of the more expensive alarms, but it has quite a few bells & whistles for its price.

I HIGHLY recommend this product.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Thanks for looking out for other members, I'm going to look into this for my 10.

Sent rep your way.

Hellsrazor

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Vio do you know if a kill switch / anti-hijack module is available? Thanks for the review, I've only used Scorpio's but may opt for this. Rep Sent! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't believe that they offer a kill switch but I am not 100% sure. Thanks for the rep!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got an email from BikeBandit.com and they have the Gorilla alarm with the remote transmitter (not the pager) for $71 for a limited time. That's a steal!

·
Registered
90 Posts
i will have to get one soon since i leave my bike out when am out in the city and i do worry sometimes since i hear a lot of bikes get stolen

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I actually lost my 2006 ZX-6R due to theft, which is what prompted me to purchase the Gorilla alarm immediately when I purchased the 10R

·
Registered
289 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice deal!

Definitely pick it up, it works really well.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Glad I was able to help you guys out.

I was unfortunate and had my 2006 ZX-6R stolen a few years ago, and this was the best bang for the buck alarm that I could find when i was searching.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice write up. I checked them out also and the guy at the shop told me straight up it would be throwing dollars away just get the Xena disc lock alarm. I picked one up but i keep it garaged anyway.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had a xena but had issues with false alarms when it was outside.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts