Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I am thinking about getting a GoPro this winter. And I noticed that there is a Hero seres, Just wondering if you guys have any experience with this. I only want to buy 1 camera, for watersports, fishing, motorcyling, rock climbing and hiking and hunting. So I would like a camera thats mountable to a motorcycle, Motorcycle helmet, bicycle helmet, ect. I am basically looking for a versatile camera and the GO Pro seems like the one but not sure if it camera can handle all these functions. What do you guys think?

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
I have the original hero (not the HD) and i love the little bastard!!! i have bought a couple extra packs with mounts and different arms and you can mount that little sucker pretty much anywhere you want. i have heard nothing but good things about the new HD version though.....it's $100 or so more depending on where you look BUT there was a thread on these a little while back and one of the site sponsors had the HD for $250 shipped i believe!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I have one, it is perfect for everything, the camera is the same in every kit. The mounts are the only difference

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have one, it is perfect for everything, the camera is the same in every kit. The mounts are the only difference
So the cameras the same, thats good, less to worry about.
Are the Clear outer boxes the same? or do need a specific clear box for certain mounts?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also How is it as far as recording audio? I also plan on doing VLOG's (where I talk to the camera while riding). If its mounted on my motorcycle helmet will it be able to record my voice if I am talking? is it capable of having a external microphone attached?

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
This is the link to the Go Pro site sponsor thread. I wish I would of ordered through them. I WOULD OF SAVED SOME MONEY!!!!!!
http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84528
:+1: that's an awesome deal!! to the OP though as far as audio.....there's a high and low setting for recording audio and i don't "think" there's a plug for external audio via a mic or anything and if you have it set to high then the wind boice will deafen you while listening to it played back and on the low i don't know if it would be able to pick up your voice over the engine-road-wind noise..unless you scream while riding?:lol:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Thanks for the link (still waiting on a price).. I have a couple questions:

1- So to record both views (front & back of bike) you either need 2 cameras, which I am not inclined to buy, or the ability to flip the camera quickly while riding (is that possible say while on a helmet, to reach up and flip it?

2- Does it come with software for editing or merging clips, adding music, etc.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I have the Hero HD. There is no external mic port, but the sound is great. The clear case is the same, but it comes with 2 rear lids. One is sealed all the way for underwater, and the other has little vents for beeter sound at low speed stuff. There are different SD cards out there that may not work so well with this camera. I have the PNY Optima 16GB SD/HC and is perfect for HD. Bought it at Staples pretty cheap, and last me a whole trackday.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
You can check my videos for yourself here. All my videos were done using the GoPro camera. It is very good and simple to use. The mounts are great. The only drawback is the short battery life. If you can deal with that you'll be happy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts