Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was at a track day and mounted my gopro cam on the tail via one of the 3M baseplates and safety tied it just in case it came unglued. turns out the sticky wasnt the weak point.

track has a few bumps, nothing too major. after i finished my session i went back to the pit to discover my camera was gone. i was able to get my camera back and was interested in seeing the footage, however... the dam crash resistant case isnt so resistant, now i have a hero paper weight. will contact the company and see what they say.

f#$kin bull5h!+

·
Registered
858 Posts
I would say call them. I have spoken/ordered direct from them before. They seem like good people plus there product is all over. They seem like the type of company that can make things right. Either way its worth an email or phone call.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Strange, and I hope that they'll replace it for you.

One thing I realized is that the plastic hinge pieces (with the bolt going through it) should not be tightened very tight. Doing so will significantly weaken the plastic at the joints, and fractures in the plastic could happen. I'm not saying this is the case here, but apparently this can happen. Just a heads up for those with the Go Pros.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
This is what a buddy of mine suggested on our local moto forum

If anyone has has one of these parts on your gopro mount fail. Then email gopro and they will send you new ones for free. Apparently they had a limited batch of bad plastic. I emailed them to ask them if I could buy just one and they said it is covered under warranty and to discard the other mounts when I got all the new ones.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
I mount mine to my GPR and it works GREAT!

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i finally got a response back about 2 days ago. it sounds like they are gonna take care of me. i just gotta send in my camrea and they will send me a new one and some new mounts! :thumbsup::eek:ccasion1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts