Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for different places to mount my GoPro and found the perfect place on the tank. My only problem is that I have a black Puig Z-Racing windscreen and when I looked at the footage I took, Of course you can't see anything behind the screen. So now I am going to buy another screen. I loved my black screen and it matched well with my bike. My question is should I get a dark smoke or light smoke screen this time? I would prefer the dark smoke but I'm not sure how much you will be able to see through the GoPro. Any opinions.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Heres a clip of where I mounted it. The GoPro flat adhesive mount fits perfect between my tank pad and gas cap. As you can see, when the cars drive by, they disappear behind my screen.
Like I said, I would love the dark smoke but if I wont be able to see that much better then I will go with the light smoke. Does anyone with a dark smoke screen and a camera mounted on the tank have any issues?

·
Registered
691 Posts
I think what you'll have to do in order to get good footage is have it closer to the screen so it can properly adjust to the brightness/darkness. I have a dark screen and my gopro on the handle bar pointing right through it, at night with normal settings it wasn't the best, but could still sorta see. Made some adjustments but have yet to test it. I just can't bring myself to putting a clear screen on my bike when black looks so good.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Ive got mine as close as possible and ya can see thru my puig dark smoke during the day and if ya put the camera behind ya filler you will hit it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts