Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,567 Posts
That video is so old, Ben Franklin saw it said it was a repost. :wink:

Really a shame Kawi couldn't do anything with that bike before they quit the series again.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,008 Posts
That video is so old, Ben Franklin saw it said it was a repost. :wink:

Really a shame Kawi couldn't do anything with that bike before they quit the series again.
From what I remember Ben Franklin was actually involved in the development of the bike while Paul Revere did much of the test riding.
>:)

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,567 Posts
From what I remember Ben Franklin was actually involved in the development of the bike while Paul Revere did much of the test riding.
>:)
True story. The bike wasn't painted green back when he rode it though. It was still early in the development phases and they didn't want any leaked photos or video getting out. So Paul had to ride it with the black and white checkboard camouflage and only at night. They did it this way since all the film was black and white back then and no one could get any trade secret data from it.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,008 Posts
True story. The bike wasn't painted green back when he rode it though. It was still early in the development phases and they didn't want any leaked photos or video getting out. So Paul had to ride it with the black and white checkboard camouflage and only at night. They did it this way since all the film was black and white back then and no one could get any trade secret data from it.

I heard that during the night test he would run one light if the British were running better lap times and two if they weren't. :laugh2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts