Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to be replacing my rear tire pretty soon. My tire is mainly worn in the middle so I dont do a lot of cornering. So what are the best tires to get higher miles and that have an okay grip for a decent price.( I know there are some michelin Pilot roads or something but its like 200$ for the rear.)

·
T Double D
870 Posts
i am getting a ton out of my pirelli corsa III's i think im at like 5k now and still strong no flat spots or anything

·
Registered
162 Posts
pirelli diablo strada for about $155ish shipped or the pilot road 2 shipped for about $185. From what I have heard....you'll get a little bit better overall tire going with the pilot road 2 but if every penny counts then I'd do the stada. both good tires (I hear)

·
Registered
916 Posts
The stock Bridgestones hold up even longer, just take a bit to warm them up :mrgreen: and even then it always depends on how hard you ride them.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
strada

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Road tires still feel like bricks to me. I've got a Strada set that goes on between track days and they feel huge and slow, but somehow get rave reviews when put through "sporting paces". It is what it is I guess, high mileage tires.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I have been running the bt016s. OEM front = 7,000 miles, OEM rear = 3,300 miles. Non-OEM rear = 5,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I have run both stadas and Pilot road 2's (current on the bike). I have used 3 sents of stratas and thought at I would try something new. The stratas I usually get about 7500 miles on the rear. I changed them just before I got to the wear bars in the center. I am willing to get rid of a tire early that have to sweat bullets when I am riding on cords. There were probably good for another 1000 if you rode them to the bitter end. I tend to take long trips from time to time 300mi one way to visit friends. I change tires when its convienent for me. The stratas are more round and have smoother tip over feeling with slower steering.
The Road 2's are wearing like granite not sure how many miles. I did a gear change +2 in the back. They still look good with way over a 5K on them. I think they will out last the stratas handley. They are also 400buck a set. I have had them over a year now. They are a rather "pointy" profile and took some time to get used to but both ride well in the rain. In fact I rode (skied) my stratas at 40mph on a 15mile sheet of black ice. You can't got wrong with either for your purposes but I know I will be going back to the stratas when these finally die. I just liked the handling characteristics better. The stratas will show signs of flat spotting after a 600 mile trip down the interstate. The Road 2's do not.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I had the pilot road's on my busa and they wore great and handled fine for me. I need a rear tire as well @ 4400 miles and will probably go with the oem until the road2 can be had in the 190/55.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My fist choice is Michelin Pilot Road (long ago it was the Macadam). good grip on the rain and not so bad on the dry, it is definitively not a race track tire, but for road use was very good

On any tire, before you do a long trip with lot of intersate, just put more air in the rear tire, on interstate you do not need a 100% grip

I already made more than 7500 miles on a rear Supercora, it include long tri on the interstate (5 days with more that 600 miles per days), i put 50 lbs on the tire for those trips...
More air protect tire of overheating

Serge

·
Registered
328 Posts
i got 9 thousand miles out of my shinko 009's. do it!!!!! don't go on the track with them though. i ran the 003's on the track and they work very well indeed!

and you can buy two sets of shinko's for what most manufacturers will charge for one set!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think Ill go with the strada tire guys,thanks a lot for the help

1 - 17 of 17 Posts