Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gawd they are trying to stick it in my ass w/o so much of a kiss first.

Your 12 Month Progressive Quote

Pay in full: $4,424.81

Pay monthly: Downpayment of $737.20 11 payments of $380.77

10/20/10 comp/coll 500 dec. If I drop the coll it's 2,428.04. I have 1 ticket in the last 5 years and it was for no license in poss since I lost my wallet.

Your Quote* $5788.31 for a 12 month policy
That's Esurance! LOL Wouldn't let me have a lower comp dec and made me carry coll @ 1k dec. #### that noise. (Collision Deductible 1000 $4432)

GEICO was $680 for the year. 10/20/10 with just comp 500 dec. I do believe they will be the winner here.

Calling State Farm next. A

Allstate has to be called back to talk with a local agent.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
jeez...you should try Victoria Insurance its like a sub company of Progressive....im 21 horribile driving and it sure is a hell of lot better than your quotes...PM and i can hook you up with a #:)

P.S i do use Victoria Insurance

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Geico by far is the best for me at least.

Was with Progressive for 10 years and liked them, added the 10R no problem and only cost me $ 800 for both the ZX7 and ZX10R full coverage. But when I wanted to add the Ducati, I was quoted $1800 for it ALONE, and $2500 for all my bikes. What?!?! No tickets, claims and only one accident that they didnt pay a cent for.

Called Geico that next minute and was quoted $850 for everything. Dropped Progressive like a bad habit. To me, Progressive is a scam.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Progressive sucks, within the last few years they raised the rate on Sport bikes to the ungodly figure that you see. They pretty much dont want to insure sport bikes so they make it crazy expensive. My experience is Geico and state farm are the best. I pay $80 a month for full coverage on my 08 10R with state farm.

Ken

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Geico by far is the best for me at least.

Was with Progressive for 10 years and liked them, added the 10R no problem and only cost me $ 800 for both the ZX7 and ZX10R full coverage. But when I wanted to add the Ducati, I was quoted $1800 for it ALONE, and $2500 for all my bikes. What?!?! No tickets, claims and only one accident that they didnt pay a cent for.

Called Geico that next minute and was quoted $850 for everything. Dropped Progressive like a bad habit. To me, Progressive is a scam.
:+1:....Progressive sucks,.......not only as m/c insurers but as auto also,...they are they toughest to deal with in a collision repair,........always wanting to cut the repair times to nothing, using junk parts,....and always setting unreal turnaround times,............believe me,.........they are the worst!!.......if you have them insuring your car,..and it gets wrecked,........be sure they will try and cheat you when it comes to repairing your vehicle,.......the bodyshops hate them,.......the always shortcut the repair and the quality of the parts!..........they suck,........I feel sorry for people that are insured through them!.......Geico for my MC!....980 a year full coverage with 2k in gap insurance for the aftermarket stuff!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It came down to GEICO and State Farm. GEICO had better rates for the Mustang but State Farm did the bike for $179 for 6 months. 10/20/10 with comp @ 500 dec. Can't really argue as it's all I wanted. $29 a month. :) I'm 25 with only a ticket in the last 3 years and that was because I lost my wallet and didn't have my license on me.

Checked to have State Farm put the Mustang on there with the bike but it ended up cheaper with GEICO. So for $100 a month both the Mustang and 10 are now covered.

Guess I should start looking at trucks again. lol

·
Banned
257 Posts
when i got my first nib sportbike, a '00 zx9r, 1 place i checked wanted ove
$9k nearly the price of the bike itself:bs:
state farm is cheapest by far.
i've had 2 thefts and 1 crash since '03, so they're likely gonna can me though. but not till april

·
Gone Ridin'
1,705 Posts
Yea, this requires a lot of shopping here...
I managed to keep the son on my policy so far, otherwise he would be in the same boats where the policy cost more than the bike.

·
Registered
29 Posts
$170 for the year here! 07 zx10r, married, 25 with no tickets through Progressive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts