Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All - I am nw to owning a bike in the Boston, MA area and was wondering if anyone knew of some good rides? Storrow Drive although fun... is getting old.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Im with you man, anything good you know about, id be interested in too. or anything anyone else can suggest. i live just south of boston and i cant seem to find much of anything for good roads around here. anything that has some nice twisties in it is all beat to hell. you know how our roads are around here.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Head north to NH, plenty of good roads there. Or head out to western MA. Even Rt 2 when you get out by Orange has got lots of twistys. I usually head that way and just get lost on the back roads. Get away from the city....

·
Registered
198 Posts
I lived there for 28 years..and now in florida for 7.....Im moving back mid may...We can go riding..I lived in N.H. I know a ton of great roads...Laconia, meridith,...Anything north of Concord N.H. is twisty's.....

·
Registered
198 Posts
^^^ wear you from????

·
Registered
198 Posts
White mountian in NH are sweet!!!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea somebody here at work told me take Rt 2 out to 119W and it gets very scenic and twisty. I plan on it when I get the chance.

I was honestly hoping for some gems within Boston for a quick weekday cruise.... I know they are rare but there must be some. My roommate also rides and he mentioned Blue Hill. haven't had a chance to ride out there with him, but when I do if it's anything to write about... I will do just that.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Ya, Blue Hill area has some nice roads. Only problem around there is lots of people use that area for hiking and recreation so it seems like you get a lot of slow moving cars. May be worth a try, hit it up early in the morning. Either way it's a good reason to get out on the bike. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Take RT.2 out to the mohawk trail area great roads....hit up mohawk pub on RT.2 Across from indian memorial....Great food great people, campped there all my life...Blue Hills is good, Just don't stop it is a parking zone for...:gay::gay: :lol:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Blue hills is my vote. That's the closest thing to me, since it's essentially in my town. State Police barracks is right on that road too, so you need to be careful.

·
Registered
198 Posts
damn all the mass people are comming out!!! sweet...I need new riding buddies...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Blue hills

Yes Blue hills is a great local twisty run.
there are 2 parts to it, one starts off of i think exit 10, up and around through the part with the trooper baracs, if you bear right at a fork, it will take you to the second part ( if you see the actual state police you didnt bear right at the fork, turn around) that will go for about another 2 miles and end at a skating rink where you can turn around and do the whole thing again.

I been running it for about 4 years now and its a great way to get experience and nice turns.

There are alot of people that bite it there, and get hurt, 2 years ago a ducati crossed the yellow line into oncoming traffic and got killed.. another time i was riding with a NB and he fell off at 30mph and busted his leg and knee in 4 places...never rode again after that...

i definatly DONT recomend riding it in the early morning hours...because the road is directly through blue hill park and rec area with lots of trees that block out the sunshine until mid day..the warm air fools you into riding HARD... but you dont realise that the morning dew is still on the road and the rest is self explanitory.. 2 of my buddies bit it at 10am in july because of the slick road...

when you do it, make a slow run first, watching for any staties that might run radar... then you can hit it hard after that...

most boston riders know of it and always make a run once a week,,,

but ride at your own pace, and dont push it.. too many people got hurt there but if your smart and dont push too hard, and avoid the idiot cars driving at 2 mph its a great ride... here is a youtube vid of the lower part of the hills.

·
Registered
184 Posts
You guys happen to take Wampatuck road at the end of the blue hills run?

It's the left that breaks off after those huge water tanks that they're putting in. I took it today for the first time and it's easily the best part of the whole route.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bove - yea, thats the road the video above is taken on. Sweet little stretch.... just wish it was longer.

On another note - Got bagged this weekend for a 50 in a 30 on summer street heading into Southie. I was just cruising along in 3rd gear at about 3-4k. I've been driving in Boston for 9 years now and I've been pulled over once, had the bike for 2 months - pulled over twice. I suppose I need to pay better attention to posted limits and not give the ball breakers a reason, because they are DEF looking for one.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I live down in Plymouth and theres a few good spots down this way. Although I'm moving on Thursday to California... :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Bove - yea, thats the road the video above is taken on. Sweet little stretch.... just wish it was longer.

On another note - Got bagged this weekend for a 50 in a 30 on summer street heading into Southie. I was just cruising along in 3rd gear at about 3-4k. I've been driving in Boston for 9 years now and I've been pulled over once, had the bike for 2 months - pulled over twice. I suppose I need to pay better attention to posted limits and not give the ball breakers a reason, because they are DEF looking for one.
where were they sitting on summer street? i just moved to east broadway on monday. staties or bpd?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts