Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so today i start my bike and let it warm up like i always do. Then i ride about a mile to a gas station and fill the bike up. When i was shutting the lid, it didnt feel like it shut all the way but i went ahead and started the bike....the moment it started the FI light was blinking. I turned it off and re-shut the lid, and the light is still blinking(im thinking it may have to do with it pressurizing the fuel tank). I have rode the bike about 10 miles and it is still blinking(but the bike feels just as strong)....so i was thinking about pulling the ECU fuse to let it reset and go from there. Any suggestions guys....thanks for the help.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
so i was thinking about pulling the ECU fuse to let it reset and go from there. Any suggestions guys....thanks for the help.
F1 lights ONLY go out on the 10R when the problem is fixed so the Fuse thing won't work if the ECU still can detect a problem at start-up or riding. Personally I don't think the tank thing is related or the main cause, you need to check your manual and check the code out.

bloo

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
im going to pull the code when i get home. i was also thinking maybe my TRE took a shit...

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
FI is all to do with the electronics side of your fuel injection system. definitely not the tank. perhaps your exhaust servo took a dump.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the code is 34 which is open or short in the exhaust butterfly valve. so when i get a chance i'm going to see if their is power to the servo and go from there.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
the code is 34 which is open or short in the exhaust butterfly valve. so when i get a chance i'm going to see if their is power to the servo and go from there.
You can test if the servo is moving/power in 3 secs., as soon as you turn on your bike you should hear behind the seat the servo motor and cables pulling.....don't start your motor just turn on the ignition switch. :dontknow::idea:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok so it is the servo....now the fun part. anyone have one they would like to sell me? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok so my bike has been apart for awhile. So i need a favor. On the exhaust servo there are two cable that hook into the pulley. Well i cant remember if the long one goes on the right or the left of the pulley...so if someone could chime in i would greatly appreciate it! :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nope...so anyone out there know...or could go look for me real quick? thanks alot

1 - 13 of 13 Posts