Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rode A group and was fine....could almost keep up...I think the difference was race slicks vs my street tires...I was definitely holding my own...everyone was cheering a 66 year old guy in A group....

Bad news....went down and broke collar bone and maybe a rib...

Bike is rashed...insurance claim....fixable

Hit some dirt coming in to the pits too hot and when the bike went down hit the bars and tank with my body...

Will definitely be riding A group in the future....

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hope you recover soon man, and it's a good thing insurance is taking care of it. Hope you get back to riding soon.

·
Man About Town
1,076 Posts
Heal up quick! Good that the bike damage is minimal.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,050 Posts
The good news is great but the bad news sucks. Hate to hear it OG. Heal up fast man. Congrats on successfully navigating A group. Now if we can get you in and out of the pits...:badteeth:

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Q-2's were fine but had to pull the ABs fuses...it was going off and I had to run off into the dirt...

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Heal up quick youngster, good to see you representing the wiser age bracket with the A listers. You'll be back showing them whippersnappers your rear tire in no time. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
358 Posts
rode A group and was fine....could almost keep up...I think the difference was race slicks vs my street tires...I was definitely holding my own...everyone was cheering a 66 year old guy in A group....

Bad news....went down and broke collar bone and maybe a rib...

Bike is rashed...insurance claim....fixable

Hit some dirt coming in to the pits too hot and when the bike went down hit the bars and tank with my body...

Will definitely be riding A group in the future....
Feel better, I didnt know insurance covered track time. :dontknow::helmet:

:ttiwwop::badteeth:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Sorry to hear about that man, heal up quick!

Feel better, I didnt know insurance covered track time. :dontknow::helmet:

:ttiwwop::badteeth:
Not sure about all insurance companies, but my guy at state farm told me if I'm on the track and as long as it is not a timed event I have coverage.

·
Is still Slo
1,538 Posts
That does suck, hope you heal up quick soon. Have a local two wheel'd fella help you with your lawn.

I just went on Saturday and mowed a lawn for another local racer who wrecked and broke his hand and 6 ribs.

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I didn't tell them I was at the track....just that I was in Buttonwillow and went down when I hit some dirt...

But they confirmed and so did my agent when I got the policy that it's covered as long as it isn't a timed event.

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I can't believe the tire wear at this pace....I wore down half the tread on my rear tire in one day.....shit, I need money for rubber....

Maybe...

Finding and marrying a rich widow with a terminal disease would extend the life of my tires...

Or I'll bet I could find some sponsorship...

AARP
Depends
Geritol
other suggestions?

That would cover race rubber too...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts