Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he's been a good friend of ours for a few years or so now, he came up to the local hang out saturday night. was riding a Buell that wwas given to him. lucky spoiled shit! j/k Danny-Boy!

anyway, thought if anyone on here has heard of him, to wish him luck (not that he really needs it) on his race coming up in NJ!! think he said its this coming weekend!!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
That kid can ride!!! I wish him him all the luck :thumbsup:. I recently bought a Buell 1125R to add to the stable. Fun bike!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that kid hasn't wrecked once since I've known him!!! his brother races flat track and he used to practice with him...we figure that's why! lol

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Yeah 1200cc versus 600cc...nice and equal :)
Let me say this about that. I have an '08 ZX-10R, an '06 GIXXER 1K and an '08 CBR 1K besides the 1125R, so I know wherefrom I speak. I don't understand all the mechanics/physics involved, but the Buell tops out at 160. I had a CBR 600 and I could get about 163 or so. The Buell can hang on tight twisties with my liter bikes but is smoked when on a long straight. Essentially, the Buell is comparable to an inline-4 600 as far as overall performance. Same must go for the Aprillia. No matter what the arguments are, that kid can still ride!!

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
Good luck!!!!!!

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Let me say this about that. I have an '08 ZX-10R, an '06 GIXXER 1K and an '08 CBR 1K besides the 1125R, so I know wherefrom I speak. I don't understand all the mechanics/physics involved, but the Buell tops out at 160. I had a CBR 600 and I could get about 163 or so. The Buell can hang on tight twisties with my liter bikes but is smoked when on a long straight. Essentially, the Buell is comparable to an inline-4 600 as far as overall performance. Same must go for the Aprillia. No matter what the arguments are, that kid can still ride!!
im gonna have to disagree on the straight line thing, watch the last AMA race, Eslick just drove around people on the straight only to get passed in turn 1, 2, or 3.

Eslick sure can ride the shit out of that bitch, and he is entertaining to watch when the bike is all out of control during the closing stages of the race, but i just dont think that the buell belongs in that class, or in the liter bike class. Maybe a buell class would be best, and then "speed" can throw all the nascar commercials in then to spare the rest of us.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
im gonna have to disagree on the straight line thing, watch the last AMA race, Eslick just drove around people on the straight only to get passed in turn 1, 2, or 3.
Well, I'm sure his ride has some mods I don't..such as chain drive, power commander, competent tuners.....plus, it's also bike set-up, gearing, etc.

I think it spices up AMA to an extent. Some food for thought: Buell doesn't have a fraction of the resources/experience and mondo factory money compared to the Japanese bikes.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,058 Posts
Good luck to Danny in his ventures. Im not happy about the rules that he rides under but he didnt make them so good luck Danny.

·
Registered
208 Posts
My wife and I have got to hang out with Danny at 2 different Seattle 100 events and he is about the nicest guy you will ever meet. My wife thinks he is so cute she just wants to take him home in a purse...but his riding skills and great attitude will I hope take him far. I would root for him even if he rode a Honda! JK...

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
You're definitely right about him not needing luck. Although, it's more because of the cheater buell than his ability. And I may be wrong, but I remember him crashing and rarely finishing in the top 20 last year when he was riding a bike that didn't have a big and obvious advantage over the others.

Go Martin :nana:

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you saw him come down the coaster at VIR stepped out, smoking the rear tire you can tell the kid has skills. Thats after he almost threw it on the ground at the top of the coaster. Good luck to him, even if he is on a buell.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
He is fast no doubt, but: in the few races I have seen this year, he could not get away with riding like that if he was on a equally powered bike. He makes lots of line mistakes and seems out of control, don't get me wrong he is way fast but will need to clean it up a bit if he plans on suceeding if he moves to SBK class. He won't have the rules quite as much in his favor.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
True....then again, I remember a couple of seasons when Hacking tossed the bike on quite a regular basis...Time will tell.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My wife and I have got to hang out with Danny at 2 different Seattle 100 events and he is about the nicest guy you will ever meet. My wife thinks he is so cute she just wants to take him home in a purse...but his riding skills and great attitude will I hope take him far. I would root for him even if he rode a Honda! JK...

he's really funto hang with at any occasion!! you should see him during the halloween parties!! :thumbsup:
the life of the party that kid there is!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yeah 1200cc versus 600cc...nice and equal :)
put danny back on a 600 and see were he finishes... pathetic to race 145hp against 110 hp... I dont care what the damn rules say. why is that only buell has been getting special treatment and not the jap bikes...:rolleyes: F---- DANNY and Buell AND THE DMG

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
yammaxx said:
If you saw him come down the coaster at VIR stepped out, smoking the rear tire you can tell the kid has skills...
Any "pro", and most amateur racers, can smoke the tire coming out of a corner. It's not easy but it doesn't mean you are the next big thing, either.

R1HOOLIGAN said:
True....then again, I remember a couple of seasons when Hacking tossed the bike on quite a regular basis...Time will tell.
All racers have crashes but like 9R mentioned, Eslick is sloppy and the only way he gets away with it is because his bike can erase his mistakes on the next straight. Like I said, it's amazing how he went from finishing twentysomething on a 600 to winning and contending for the championship in one season. :headshake

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
put danny back on a 600 and see were he finishes... pathetic to race 145hp against 110 hp... I dont care what the damn rules say. why is that only buell has been getting special treatment and not the jap bikes...:rolleyes: F---- DANNY and Buell AND THE DMG
Man, you need to take some assertiveness training....you know, open up and tell us what you're really feeling :crackup:

This is kinda like a conversation I had several years ago with a co-worker.

We were crossing a street when a new Porsche zipped by. My bud said: "I wouldn't have one of those damn cars if you gave it to me!"

I replied: "Yeah, I know exactly what you mean.....I can't afford one either.":headshake :rolleyes:

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
WOW stop the freaking hate!! if you think Danny cant ride RACE HIM! I'm soooooooo sick of the cry baby's and the " AMA rules suck, danny is on a cheater bike bla bla bla" STFU! GO DANNY! WIN THIS SON OF A BITCH!

PS by the way the Buell does not make 145 HP {maybe at the crank} but at the rear mine is 126.8 with the Buell racing ecm! and my bike is set up just like "slicks!"

·
Registered
677 Posts
WOW stop the freaking hate!! if you think Danny cant ride RACE HIM! I'm soooooooo sick of the cry baby's and the " AMA rules suck, danny is on a cheater bike bla bla bla" STFU! GO DANNY! WIN THIS SON OF A BITCH!

PS by the way the Buell does not make 145 HP {maybe at the crank} but at the rear mine is 126.8 with the Buell racing ecm! and my bike is set up just like "slicks!"
has anyone noticed I have stayed out of this one:) reason being I think Danny IS FUCKING FASTER THEN ME so I have no room to say anything IF I felt I was faster then Danny then I would be bitching but.....

SO who here thinks they are faster then Danny? your the only ones that have any reason to bitch everyone else please shut the hell up.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts