Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for a GPS unit that i can use a either a stand alone unit or in my vehicle on the go. i would like the units which show "popular interest" and so-on. im not looking to spend over $250. any advice where i can find a nice one online?

·
Registered
603 Posts
there is a Tomtom for sale in the classified section for $255
I have a Garmin and I like it a lot but it's kind of small making it hard to read

·
Registered
657 Posts
the new 4runner nav is really nice because it incoporates blue tooth and hands-free. however, recent studies have shown that vehicles with OEM nav systems depreciate faster than vehicles without them. i.e. a new OEM equipped vehicle will cost 2000-2500 more than it's non-OEM equippped counterpart, but 3 years down the road, it will only be worth 500 more than it's non-OEM equipped counter.

I have a tomtom go 910 in my 4runner and i love it. although it isn't the most accurate. street names and everything is fine, but occasionally it's location will be off by a few yards, making the unit think i'm on a different road, because it's maps aren't properly sync'd w/ GPS position. i.e. it will think i'm on the feeder, when i'm actually already on the freeway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts