Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just got back from the cup race in valdosta with son's 07 zx10. monster track, packed out with racers. only got one pass due to a problem. bike ran 5.494 at 130.08 in the eighth which is good, but shifting into sixth rider said bike leaned out, made a noise and he killed it. still ran 8.595 but mph off about 10 at 150.87 from previous runs. engine not hurt, seems to be a injector or injector signal, runs good one moment, skips the next. anyway, new best on motor. goal is 5.40's/8.40's on motor, then spray when that goal reached. good nitrous system already installed. stk. pistons, stk. bottom end, .50 hg, 08race int, stk. ex. cam, my head. pleased with progress, only 4th time ever at strip, got to be happy, but really wanted a good full 1/4 pass as i think we would have reached both our goals, but not bad at all for a streetbike.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,058 Posts
New best on motor. No motor, bike or rider damage. Sounds good to me man. Congrats!
:ayyy:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
u just reminded me when i started building motors over 30 years ago, we used to laugh that anytime the bike came home in one piece it was a good day. matt and i really had a good time and enjoyed the race, that's what it's really all about. we have a policy that we dont try to fix things at a race or get stressed. our time together is too valuable and there always the next time. think i tittled this thread wrong, should read good day even with a problem. well said 10r.

·
Registered
871 Posts
After last season, I'm a firm subscriber to that theory as well. It is always a good day when the bike comes home in one piece. Congrats on the new best Jim, you've got that thing moving! Was that with Lil Rich riding?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you've been progressing, running strong. it is a process. it was little rich. he cut a 1.36 60 ft and told me it would have gone 40's had he not backed out. matt swapped the heavy busa shock for a lighter street/drag shock, we pulled one front caliper and disc, and swapped to lithium battery to drop a few pounds.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Holy hell, that seems like its moving pretty damn good for a street bike!

Nice job and glad it came back home in one piece!

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Its always good day when the rider,bike comes home in one piece reguardless of the outcome!

Congrats Jim you got that badboy flyin!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
WOW, jim thats great news running that on motor is IMPRESSIVE! Your cylinder heads are definitely working on top of your experience with engine building. just imagine if there was no problems :notworthy::notworthy::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the positive feedback guys. over 400 bikes racing this wknd, only 2 zx10's, the 07 and a nice gen 4 .probably 350 were busas and 14's, rest dominated by suz 1000's. many much larger engines, more modified than us. it's good to know 10 owners can hold thier own at a natl. race with some serious bikes and riders. bike continues to surprise me with just a head and such a mild cam setup with stk. engine internals. getting tapped out, but this is the setup i want to run. be back at the april race, gonna get that full power 1/4 pass and see how she does, then work with the nitrous. i see u guys getting faster too. hope u have a great year coming up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts