Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My loyal 10's time with me is done. I put the last coat of wax on her and removed the final bits of non stock parts. Left the CF tank guard. Just couldn't stand to take that away from her too. She was my second. A replacement for her twin sister that was mortally wounded. I think she's shining more than she ever did. ...a last plea for me not to trade her in... but alas, the deal is done...

Going big and black tomorrow. 07 ZX14!! Got to pull the box off her crate after she came off the truck. I swear i think I heard a growl as the box was opened! Gota club dyno night ($10 pulls) Saturday afer this. gotta get those break in miles quick! Want to get a base b4 the mods begin! How many HP do you think Givi (or Corbin) hard luggae adds?? :crackup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
miykl said:
My loyal 10's time with me is done. I put the last coat of wax on her and removed the final bits of non stock parts. Left the CF tank guard. Just couldn't stand to take that away from her too. She was my second. A replacement for her twin sister that was mortally wounded. I think she's shining more than she ever did. ...a last plea for me not to trade her in... but alas, the deal is done...

Going big and black tomorrow. 07 ZX14!! Got to pull the box off her crate after she came off the truck. I swear i think I heard a growl as the box was opened! Gota club dyno night ($10 pulls) Saturday afer this. gotta get those break in miles quick! Want to get a base b4 the mods begin! How many HP do you think Givi (or Corbin) hard luggae adds?? :crackup:
Surprised it took so long the way you been advertising the last year....but a 14 replacement.:thumbsup:

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
Congrats Miykl. Make sure to post some pics tomorrow. It's kinda sad to see some of the early owners selling their 10's and moving on, but at least you'll still be around, and with a ZX-14 no less.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, sorry you had to let go of one to get one, but hey... Make sure to get us some picts.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya... I go back and forth a lot... sell, keep, sell, keep... Just couldn't justify two pure sport bikes. After wrecking the 999R and the insurance pay off, I'd be a fool not to keep it b/c of how little I now have into it. The 14 should be fun. hyperfast comfortable sport touring. been wanting to do some cross country rides for a while now. be looking for my posts looking for free lodging! Or at least a beer!

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ara said:
Congrats Miykl. Make sure to post some pics tomorrow. It's kinda sad to see some of the early owners selling their 10's and moving on, but at least you'll still be around, and with a ZX-14 no less.
Thanks.. ya.. i know what you mean. Kinda sad to see the 04's getting sold off. we gotta stick around and keep these young uns in step though! LOL

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
Especially the rare blue ones. Not too may of us around. Mine will probably be on the chopping block pretty soon too.

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
So what color 14 you go with?

Tread

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Shit. All the original 10 owners are going down fast. Sorry to see. At least your not as bad as BD. You stuck with the 14.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I dynoed 2 zx14's about 3 weeks ago, 1st 14 had full muzzy, PCIII and TRE after a few warm-up roll on's she was pushing 169HP (SAE) and ust by looking at the air/fuel graph, I thought it could use some tuning.

and the other one had the muzzy slip-on's and PCIII and pushing 163hp (SAE)

Same day I had 4 busas on the dyno some stock some with full exh systems and the best one did 156 hp what stock ones were pushing about 150-151

1 - 20 of 65 Posts