Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, just got back today from a 2day trip down to the DFW area. I had to go meet with a potential employer. They are going to meet the requirements that I asked for so I took the job. I will be moving down to the DFW area in three weeks. Let me here from you Texans out there..... need to get in touch with the local riders in that area to show me around. My wife has some family there, so it won't be to stressful of a move. Does this mean I have to buy a big Cowboy style hat, and some shit kickers :badteeth:

"I wanna be a COWBOY BABY" :thumbsup:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rocketracermike said:
better trade your car in for a pickup:mrgreen:
I have two SUV's already :badteeth: A Durango and an Explorer :wink: is that close enough?

It still snows in Dallas/Ft. Worth area, just nothing like we get up here. It was 65 yesterday, and 75 the day before. But those 100+ days are coming too :sad: , that might take a bit of getting used too.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
welcome 2 the great state of TX, DFW is about an hr away from me... you'll enjoy it.. the traffic SUCKS... but tha street scene is awesome, i dj there a lot. i wouldnt wanna live there b/c rush hr traffic is NOT fun at all.... and at least i know that when i get my 10, ill have another riding buddy close....

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know very well about rush hour traffic. Here in the Detroit area, it aint so great either. It is not as bad as the DFW area, but the better weather will make up for it.
I will be working at an Audi dealer in the area. A few things are going on with it, so I will hold the name of the dealer until after I start. I am in the process of looking for a 3 bedroom apartment. I need it for the next 6 months or so. I just want to give my self enough time to get situated there before buying a house. I also have to get a renter in my house here. My wife and kids aren't coing down until after the kids are finished with the school year. I also don't want to start buying a house until after my wife finds a job there too.
As for riding, I will have something, but it won't be the 10R. I have to get some cash together for the relocation. It is for sale right now, and I am looking for a 636 or R6, 03 and up. I am even considering a TLR, but not sure if I will like the V-twin. I also plan to hit Texas motorsports ranch a few times this year, so I need something track friendly. Any info you guys and gals want to offer about the area, please do.... you can pm here, or email me at modidy at yahoo.com. I already met a guy from the Hayabusa board this past Wednesday while I was down there. I plan on buying another Busa next year anyway, so going back down to a 6 to keep for the track will be cool. I haven't owned anything smaller than 900cc since 04 and that was a GSXR750... (other than a track bike FZR400 I had).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts