Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Nice read, thats some good spreads on HP.

Wondering in HP limited classes how much :dontknow: head scratching goes on trying to tune a bike to close to class limit then getting to the track and having to retune it cause your high....:BangHead: or worse yet have it ok in the morning, then fail a post race Dyno.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
thats good info

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been to a couple of Moto ST races and seen a lot of head scratching with the techs after dyno runs.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
ahhh thank the lord someone has finally put out some more info of this! I wish everyone knew about this. Great find FAF!!!!!

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Well I was able to read threw the whole thing and I am truely glad someone finally published something like this.....believe me I love dynojet stuff liek power commander ign module and HUB but their dyno's have always varied way to much and since i have been operating a factory pro dyno which we have in a fully mobile set up capable of doing atvs as well. the results are always similar. we have had bike after bike come up and have gotten similar results like with r1's we see the same exact power drop mid range and they produce same power stock vs stock.

From what I understand dynojets got real popular with the vmaxx when they claimed 100hp or something and everyone was amazed but it was on a dynojet which is basically an accelermoeter.

In the future if i own my own shop I will try and get a factory pro, I love them and they show actual numbers!

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the article said a lot in regards to what the consumer wants, I looked at factory pro dynos when I had my shop in Jupiter and it really was the way to go, but customers in general dont want to see low numbers , most of the time they just want a dyno sheet and have bragging rights.

There is a strange mentality with the sportbike population in general , its very rare you will see a Muzzy pipe on a Gixxer ,although Muzzy do their research , and the same for Yoshi on Kawasakis, you see a little more of that , but they have been branded because of their racing associations, even if the pipes make better power .

Very strange.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I think the article said a lot in regards to what the consumer wants, I looked at factory pro dynos when I had my shop in Jupiter and it really was the way to go, but customers in general dont want to see low numbers , most of the time they just want a dyno sheet and have bragging rights.

There is a strange mentality with the sportbike population in general , its very rare you will see a Muzzy pipe on a Gixxer ,although Muzzy do their research , and the same for Yoshi on Kawasakis, you see a little more of that , but they have been branded because of their racing associations, even if the pipes make better power .

Very strange.
Absolutely. When I did the first dyno on my 10 with a PCIII and TRE I expected it would be higher than 150 because that is what it should be stock. I was surprised it only made 149hp and 74 torque. So now when I hear someone saying "I got 180hp with pipes and a PCIII." I say :bs:

I think the article alluded to the fact that these are really only effective benchmarking tools for modifications. The real test is on the track as to how well the power that actually exists is applied and modified by the map. Dynoing for max power may leave you flat in some gears. I am sure at pro levels they are tuning at a track specific level just like gearing changes for a given track. The benefits of this seem pretty obvious.:cool:

Good find FAF. :ayyy:

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This was my reasoning for going with a programmable Lambda closed loop, get a good dyno baseline and then do my own tweaks with a proper programmable ECU.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts