Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, folks!

Sorry if this has already been asked/answered (I did check, if that's any consolation - lol), but I'm wondering if anyone has any really good suggestions for aftermarket fuel caps?

Mine's just about corroded shut and it's at the point where I'm actually bending my key along it's axis sometimes trying to get the thing open. I've pulled it apart and hit it with PB Blaster and oiled it etc., but I think it's just past it's prime. I know, I know... it's a new bike. But it's been in the rain a few times and, well... here we are!

I'm not overly concerned about it being lockable (fuel being stolen isn't a huge concern for me) but I just want something better than the stock standard one. I'm only a road rider (no track days) so I'm not sure if that'll make a difference in what I should - or shouldn't - use?

Thanks for any suggestions!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Fuel thieves? Not a concern. A-holes putting crap into your tank just because they're being jealous a-holes? That's something to worry about. I'm still using the original cap for that sole reason.

A-holes suck and you can't trust your bike parked anywhere anymore.

Reactions: mpp12

·
Registered
838 Posts
Ive just ordered a cheapo from china.
I had one on my gen1 and it was great. Really easy to use and alot lighter.
The only issue with my old one was anodising faded real fast.
Id personally go for silver as they dont fade

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
True. True.
A-Holes do definitely suck.

My bike is mostly either at work, or at home. At work it's under a camera, so I'm OK. And at home it's locked up, so I'm OK.

But yeah, I guess the rare times when I can't see it could be an issue.
Thanks for the heads-up. I guess I'm just too trusting for my own good.

:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts