Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i've been debating getting an Akro (no debate, Akros are awesome) but i've also been contemplating fabbing up something wi/ the stock headers. The LOR system looks pretty damn good, the people who have bought them have said it is great quality and the sound is great as well, altho a bit loud. The great thing is that for the price, it comes in CF, and also eliminates the boombox. I will take it a step further and remove the cats in my stock header. And then, get a custom tune. If I like it, i'll keep it, If I dont, i'll get the akro full system and compare what the pros/cons are. Stay tuned. Thread to be updated. Oh and if anyone here IS using the LOR, feel free to post up. :eek:ccasion1

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
I like the LOR, they just released that new tip also i dont know if you have seen it, i like it though

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I had a level one tell my wife dropped a drill press on it haha!!! Great sounding pipe, pretty loud on sound, back fires if you take out the cats and dont get a custom tune you know!! Thank good I did and it took care of it for the most part. But I saw a fmf apex titanium exhaust and its on sale for $425 at a local kawasaki only dealer and he said its the best exhaust you could buy for under $600 dollars or in the slip on sense. I was the one here that made the thread the day before it they came out with the new can and tip lol, cause I was thinking about getting it!! But that apex I took a look and wow that thing is classy, good weld's and removes your pre muffler box and runs a 2.25" core striaght threw and for $75 more dollars then the lor it full titanium with a carbon tip!!

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
:popcorn:

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Is price really that big of a factor for you:dontknow: Don't you have a MV Senna in your garage:heyyou::crackup:

Seriously for the money, go LOR, or even fab up a system with the MGP growler and maybe a akra link pipe elimnating the boom box if you have to get rid of it.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
price is not an issue lol, the MV's EVO Arrow exhaust itself was around 2g's + not counting ECU or CF tank or blah blah blah.

i'm just curious to see if a fab'd up system wi the LOR will be comparable to a more expensive system like the akro. I love DIY what can I say

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
spikespiegel you are the man...ive been harassing abprep07 about full systems as well as the experience he has with the slip ons.... if theres a way i can gain a substantial amount of power and can obtain that w/o spending a fortune on the Akra by all means id do it....if theres anything i can help or whatever let me know...otherwise this will be the thread to check....IM STAYING TUNED

Rich

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I'll try to explain the best I can, I'm a hands on guy!!!

Ok I have been talking here with 5-F Dawg for a while about this topic spikespiegel and I can explain it to you in here!!! I had a level one with custom headers and loved it because it out perform a yosh full system hands down on the sheets. Well mine got trashed due to the wife and a big drill press LOL, but my friend still has his on his 08 and loves it. The only thing with my friends is he is running the areap 10.5" 2.5" core exhaust over the level ones 10.5" 2.25" core can ect. Ok this is how you can do a cheap setup for your 08/09 zx10r with a level one or areap at half the price of any full system out there and make just as much power if not more. First thing you must do is order or hit up ebay for a set of 06/07 zx10r headers (yes they will fit a 08/09 zx10r model ok). Now once you get these set of headers take off the Y/mid-pipe with the cats in it and if your a metal worker or welder your good, if not I'd say to you for about $20-50 dollars any exhaust shop will make and help you out with this. What I'm getting at is the Y piece now unbolt we fabbed out a new Y-mid-pipe with a larger outlet port that was 2.25" compared to stocks 2" ok, drilll out the holes to mount it back to the stock headers ect. Now when you get the headers mounted the nexted trick to this is cutting your mid-pipe from level one or areap down by about 2" to get it where the diameter is at 2.25" ok. They both run 2.25" mid-pipes just areap's can runs a .25" larger core size. But back to the point you have your headers mounted and new Y made to connect to your mid-pipe from you exhaust, now all you need to do is messure and if you can weld get the materials to weld a small 2" piece with your 2.25" diameter in place then bolt it up all together. Now some people are thinking man thats a lot of welding and cutting ect, not really any local exhaust shop might charge at best to make you a new Y and cut and weld your mid-pipe for you maybe $80-100 bucks max. Over all my friends 08zx10r has 07 headers, a custom Y-mid-pipe connecting to a area p 10.5" can. This system cost him about $515 dollars or something around there along with paying me a couple bucks and beer. It also made 8-9hp over stock after tuning which if you have seen yosh's site they only claim 7hp over stock. This system on my boys bike is 07 headers to a 2.25" Y into a direct 2.25"mid-pipe into a 2.5" areap can. It sounds better then some name brand systems.:thumbsup:

If you have any questions I can walk you threw doing the hole system if anything!!!:eek:ccasion1

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
Friend of mine has one of those on his GSXR. Obnoxiously loud.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I have the LOR and Its not that loud IMO esp compared to my old M4 now that thing was loud as hell and got annoying after a while LOL ... on longer rides.. Id go with LOR I like mine..

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow, thanks for the info abprep, that is very helpful! I wonder if the cross tubes (not sure what they are called) that go from 2 of the headers to the other 2 are actually functional or if they are just there for show.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Well i've been debating getting an Akro (no debate, Akros are awesome) but i've also been contemplating fabbing up something wi/ the stock headers. The LOR system looks pretty damn good, the people who have bought them have said it is great quality and the sound is great as well, altho a bit loud. The great thing is that for the price, it comes in CF, and also eliminates the boombox. I will take it a step further and remove the cats in my stock header. And then, get a custom tune. If I like it, i'll keep it, If I dont, i'll get the akro full system and compare what the pros/cons are. Stay tuned. Thread to be updated. Oh and if anyone here IS using the LOR, feel free to post up. :eek:ccasion1
I have an 05' zx10r with a full Akro Ti system and an LOR pipe. I sent my Akro mid-pipe to them and they custom fit an inlet to it. It worked out to be 60mm or 2 3/8". If U go to their website and go to the "Products" tab you will see "universal" pipe on the bottom. I called them and told them what I wanted to do and they are cheaper since they don't include a midpipe just the pipe/muffler itself. I originally had it for my full Muzzy system and found a hella deal on ebay for a slightly damaged Akro system.
The wide open pipe is loud and my wife won't ride behind me without the DB killer. I have a with and without youtube clip that I will post up here.

Wide open:

DB killer:

Hope this helps U out...

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts