Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my bike back to standard settings! It is stock wheelbase and am wondering how much I will suffer on my runs! My best e.t stock was a 9.99 early last year with just a slip on and slammed! Now the bike is tuned with full pipe and with a cut down seat! I have made a bet $$ with my buddy Nick that I will drag his ass down the track against his 05 stretched 10 and his best run is a 9.78 143??Just wondering if I can give him a run!! What do you guys think?? Oh yea the next day after the drags Im raising the suspension and going to Buttonwillow raceway to shred the twisties!!! WOOOOO HOOOOOO

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Get some time on it and you shouldn't have a problem. Just lower your launch rpm cause being your coming from a stretched back to SWB your prolly gonna wheelie your first pass. Good luck and keep us updated:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Get some time on it and you shouldn't have a problem. Just lower your launch rpm cause being your coming from a stretched back to SWB your prolly gonna wheelie your first pass. Good luck and keep us updated:thumbsup:
:+1:

Good luck stock wheel base is fun fun fun. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My first run of the night was a 9.90 @ 148mph and my 60 was a slow 1.80.. and it wheelied a little in first!On my second run I slipped the clutch and ran a best of the night and ever on SWB [email protected]! Not bad for a 40 year old rookie!I think in the right conditions it would go better ,,but I am very pleased with the runs I made!I wasnt expecting to go that quick,but it did and I am happier then a faggot in a dick factory!!!Now Ill do some engine work this winter and get that pig to run bottom 9's next year!!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
:spit: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
72 Posts
was that strapped? air shifter?? if not do you find it hard to get your foot in position to make the first to second gear change? 9.70`s are flyin on a short bike. was the back lowered? i`m thinkin bout bracket racing mine...twisty riding the next day, for a full season. just straps in front..i got some fear.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
was that strapped? air shifter?? if not do you find it hard to get your foot in position to make the first to second gear change? 9.70`s are flyin on a short bike. was the back lowered? i`m thinkin bout bracket racing mine...twisty riding the next day, for a full season. just straps in front..i got some fear.
Take the extensions out of listed mods below!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts