Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
T Double D
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting my bike ready and was wondering if anybody else from the forum would be going? hope to see sombody from the site up there

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I'll be there riding my 10 and a friend's ZX14. Should be a lot of bikes, relatively cool weather.

Is your bike all set to go? What's your goal?

·
T Double D
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
honestly i have no idea what to do or anyone to look to on what to get im just flying by the seat of my pants and doing a lot of reading online and hoping its right ive never dont it before and we shall see what it goes i have no goals other than to do it

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Yep fbmbks, Greg's turbo bike.

RF, good plan. Is your bike ready to pass tech? Metal valve stems, metal chain guard, safety wired axles (both sides in front), metal strap over battery?

Full leathers 360-zip or 1-piece, back protector, armor, Snell 2005 helmet, good gloves and boots?

Not a complete list, but things that sometimes get overlooked. Not difficult, just things to do.

Dean

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Yep fbmbks, Greg's turbo bike.

RF, good plan. Is your bike ready to pass tech? Metal valve stems, metal chain guard, safety wired axles (both sides in front), metal strap over battery?

Full leathers 360-zip or 1-piece, back protector, armor, Snell 2005 helmet, good gloves and boots?

Not a complete list, but things that sometimes get overlooked. Not difficult, just things to do.

Dean
look forward to seing what you run on your ten and what the 14 runs, heard hes worked out a cpl of the bugs u guys had problems w in maine, keep us posted wish I could be there

·
T Double D
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i got it all but havent ever herd of the metal strap over battery you got a picture of it anywhere so i can copy ? and maybe a picture of the safety wired axles (both sides in front),any help would be great

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I used plumber's pipe hanger strap (Lowe's, comes in a coil, holes every inch) and covered the battery front to back, bolted to undertray.

The front axle nut needs to have an edge drilled and safety wired somewhere, I used the lower fender mount casting. Same thing on the other side, drill an edge and wire around the lower casting, or a pinch bolt, anywhere. Sorry no pics.

·
T Double D
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sweet i love using a drill

·
T Double D
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
anybody know if this is canceled yet due to weather or is it still on

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
It's still on, 50% chance on Sat, only 30% on Sunday.

My bike won't be ready, but I'll be there on Greg's ZX14.

·
T Double D
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mines ready i hope but we shall see but honestly im awaiting ups right now with more parts ive put a lot of cash into everything to make this trip i hope its worth it

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Greg just backed out. He's afraid it will rain.

I'll bet you will be able to race Sunday Ratfink, and probably Saturday. Sorry I won't be there.

·
T Double D
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea ill be there thats for shure im actually hoping a lot of ppl back out that way i can get more runs in

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Plz get some video for us. :mrgreen:

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Yeah right!! Pictures for sure!! And "ratfink" did you gear your bike out for top end>? I'd say if you have a 08 a good setup would be 18/39 and see what happens

·
T Double D
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well i think i did rather good actually i had fun and got sunburned there was a lot of people i had trouble keeping the front end down above 170 actually cause of the track being so bumpy i was doing wheelies at that speed and it was quite a pucker factor BUT on my licencing pass i did 149.64 and Won the super streetbike 150 index class so i got the patches and a Speed and Strength jacket and a picture of the bike and me will be in a upcoming issue

everybody was trying at the end to upstage my run but nobody got close enough

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts