Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have just been invited to go to Pocono Raceway on Sept. 19th... I am very excited and don't know what to expect.... now I have to get leathers before then.... the only thing is I am only 5'5" and weigh 200 lbs. I know I will have to get them altered. Anyone have any ideas or thoughts on what to expect at the track and any thoughts on leathers... I was just looking at top gear leathers......

Man I can't wait to finally get on a track.....

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
bad ass, sounds like fun. take some pics while your there

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I definaley will be taking pic...... Well someone else will, but there will be lots of pics and maybe a video or 2.....

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So does anyone have any thoughts on leathers for me??? Or what to expect at the track???

·
Registered
609 Posts
I would recommend at custom suit from
http://syedleathers.com/

By the time you buy something off the shelf and have it altered, you will spend the money for custom. Their custom suits are very heavy duty (much better than most off the shelf stuff).

They can make a suit in 2-3 weeks no problem. I had the wife take measurements 3 separate times, to ensure we got it correct and everything fit great.

The only thing I would skip is their back pad, its ok but I wanted something better. Their other armor is excellent.

They can also perf it a little or a lot depending on your temp requirements.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Here's my 2cents worth:

Try and relax and focus on having a fun time, not trying to set lap records or get your knee down. Those will happen in time. Speed comes when you're relaxed and can think about what you're doing.

Also, be aware that you are going to partake of a very addicative drug :wink:

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I hope you are prepared to spend some jack...cause you are getting ready to partake in a highly addictive hobby!

ENJOY!

·
Registered
377 Posts
i'll be doing my first track in October or Nov...I can't wait. I can already get my knee down though, not that will matter. I would be afraid to getting in other people's way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts