Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to Minneapolis in early September and I am wonder if there is any cool bike shops to visit? Or anything else bike related we could do while there?
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Born and raised in that city. There is nothing. good riding along the rivers leading south out of the city, but nothing else spectacular.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
1st thursday of the month theres a big bike night on lyndale and lake st in minneapolis, then afterwards alot of bikes gather at "The Cabooz" and usually go out for a 100 plus bike ride afterwards. Nothing too exciting but something different. Theres a lot of good roads though south of the citys like jingalls1000 said. Not really anything for sportbikes, too many harley shops

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1st thursday of the month theres a big bike night on lyndale and lake st in minneapolis, then afterwards alot of bikes gather at "The Cabooz" and usually go out for a 100 plus bike ride afterwards. Nothing too exciting but something different. Theres a lot of good roads though south of the citys like jingalls1000 said. Not really anything for sportbikes, too many harley shops
Thanks we will check out the roads south of the city. We are going to try to be there for that first Thursday.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
If you want to check out some good roads, 1 ride we all like to do is called the "ice cream run". We take 94 east coming from at Paul to the hwy 95 exit, take a right and then an immediate right on the frontage road, go about 1 1/2 miles till you reach a stop signand take a left on stagecoach. Take that till you reach a stop sign and go right(pretty much straight) then take that road all the way till
You cannot go Anymore, it ends with some tight corners. Take a left and go accross the bridge into Prescott Wisconsin. We take a right on hwy 35 and go all the way to pepin Wisconsin( fill up in prescott though). One you reach pepin the is a gas station on your right and left, take a right just after the station and there is a restaraunt right on
The river called the pickle factory, nice place for a drink or snack. The whole ride to pepin is very scenic and pretty but to your left(se of the river) are some amazing twistys, just google maps them and have fun, if you're up to it go past pepin till you reach Nelson, take 25 accross the river, it turns into 60 and 60 is like a racetrack, awesome road. But you can have a ton of fun on those backroads as well. Just watch for deer. I'm not the fastest rider but and don't know your plans but if you want, hit me up and I'll get some guys together for a ride( they usually full leather it). If not ridecsafe and have fun
man.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
k cool i am going to pass this on to the guys that i'm riding there with! Thanks for the invite!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts