Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi team,
How do i set my PCIII back to the stock fuel map? The one i bought came with a map on it-but its runs like rubbish with my setup. I've decided that i just want to run with the stock map until i can get it in on the dyno

·
Registered
208 Posts
The Dynojet Power Commander plugs inline with your bike’s stock fuel injection system. It uses OEM (original equipment manufacturer) style connectors making installation easy and quick. The Power Commander III USB allows a full range of fuel adjustment, as much as +/- 100% over stock. Adjustments can be made either with a Windows based computer or by using the face plate mounted button adjusters. No permanent changes are made to the bike’s system. Once the unit is removed the bike reverts to its stock settings.
Power Commander Map Database

read the bottom of this .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks mate. yeah i still want to keep the powercommader in (as i will get it dyno tuned)- i just want to revert back to the stock map in the mean time. I thought of just zeroing all the figures, but when i look at the 'stock' zx10r map on the powercommander website it contain a number of figures (not just zeroes)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Setting everything to '0" is a BAD plan.
Just load the stock map from the site and you should be good.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the reply mongo350,
but if the powercommander is indeed in parallel then shouldn't setting to a 'zero map' mean that the pc is not changing the stock fuel map? I would have thought that by having numbers in there it is changing (adding or subtracting fuel) from the stock map..

·
Registered
299 Posts
Try this
http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/Downloads/powercommander_iii_usb_downloads.aspx

download the software for the PC3 and install it on your laptop, make sure you select your make and model of your bike, it will also install some maps, in those maps you will see one that has a stock exhaust and air filter (if that is what you have). transfer that one to the PC3, (make sure the bike is on or you have a 9 volt battery hooked up to the PC3) when you do this. Not sure if you new that, I have seen people freak out cause the PC3 does not turn on cause the bike is not on (Very funny). For those people I advise that you contact the person who sold you the power commander and ask for your money back because you bought something and never took the time to put in your research about it and how to use it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so i put the stock Powercommander stock map back on.. Runs pretty average aswell, not as well as before i put the powercommander on. I think this map is a effort by powercommander to get more out of the stock setup. Is that right?

So... will using the zero map make the bike just run on the stock fueling? Why did you say it was a BAD plan to run the zero map mongo350?

Hopefully i'll be getting a custom tune on thurday- but its a 350km ride to the place so i want at least the fueling i had before putting on the powercommander..

So... Is the zero map the way to go?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
so i put the stock Powercommander stock map back on.. Runs pretty average aswell, not as well as before i put the powercommander on. I think this map is a effort by powercommander to get more out of the stock setup. Is that right?

So... will using the zero map make the bike just run on the stock fueling? Why did you say it was a BAD plan to run the zero map mongo350?

Hopefully i'll be getting a custom tune on thurday- but its a 350km ride to the place so i want at least the fueling i had before putting on the powercommander..

So... Is the zero map the way to go?
Yes. The short of it is:

0% correction = stock map

1 - 8 of 8 Posts