Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We'll see how this goes. I'm riding my bike and the black and Purple 1k. As well as the black and orange 1k we've been testing, trying to get the black and purple bike to go some 8.80's or so. And just tryin to get the black and orange one into the 8's. We're also takin a buddy's busa that made about 230hp on the motor and just over 300 on the bottle. So I have a chance to ride it. I'll let you guys know how it goes..

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Get some vid and don't get :eek:wned:

·
Registered
795 Posts
damn what the hell is done to it to run 8s? i plan to stretch/strap and gear mine next week, hoping for mid 9s.. i did a 10.1 at 140 with no map on the bike, and 1.8 60ft.

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for the late reply, I'm stuck in Indiana doing a military training exercise.
Thats cool man. It was pretty fun. I was on the black and purple 1k and kendal from metric was on the busa. It was back and forth all night. The steels were warped in the 1k. So there was no slippin at all. And kendal couldn't get used to the lock up in the busa. I ended up goin a 9.04 @150 and he went a [email protected] So it was pretty close..Goin out to the midnights tonight. And have a buddy with a camera comin so should be pretty good.

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
damn what the hell is done to it to run 8s? i plan to stretch/strap and gear mine next week, hoping for mid 9s.. i did a 10.1 at 140 with no map on the bike, and 1.8 60ft.
How much are you going to gear it? the 1k I was riding was -2 +2 and its low long and light, It has cut forks and lowered internally. Its 12 over. It has no air filter and a brocks sidewinder, with a Bazzaz. The bike only made 172 horse but its quick. With that gearing any 1k would be fun to ride. I'm thinkin now aobout gettin a -2 for mine. I already have the +2 on already. But I ride highways a lot so I dunno if I can bring myself to do it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts