Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who wreck their '08 bikes... Remember i took that stupid little spill a few weeks ago deeming me the first moron to spill their 2008. Well i got the new plastics today, went to put them on thinkin it would be a quick 30-45 min task. WRONG! :rolleyes: I get the first plastic off no problem, but the 2nd piece (the larger of the two on the left hand side) is a bear to say the least. There are 2 screws towards the front of the bike that literally took me 30 mins to get to. Now im not the handiest guy alive, but i can fix a car or two any day. I've rebuilt engines before, completely re-did fuel systems, but this takes the cake. I have the front of the bike completely dismantled, not to mention upon doing that, discovered 2 more major pieces that were damaged that will cause me to dismantle the whole right side of the bike as well. What a pain in the ass. DONT WRECK! ITS RETARDED :sad:

Here are some pics of the bike. I figured out that i need more parts so back to the dealership tomorrow to spend more gobs of money just getting it back to stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
835 Posts
OUCH!!!!!!
Best of luck on the "restoration".....
Managed to do that to my almost new '06...damned plastic is expensive!!!
Looking forward to the completed project!! Hurry up, the sun's comin' out!!

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Well since now you have the Experience those that crash their 08's they can have you fix their bikes for them as well.:lol:
Damn Engineers:headshake

1 - 7 of 7 Posts