Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any expeirence with GMD Computrack.
looking for one in the midwest that does a good job.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
91 Posts
I can't say enough good things about Kent and his crew at GMD Computrack Atlanta.

I went down at Road America in '97 with my 1994 ZX-11. I sent the bike down there to make sure nothing was bent or twisted and decided to have some "Enhancements" done while it was there. The only misalignments found were OEM production tolerance issues and nothing related to the lowside crash. I had them install Race Tech Fork Cartridge Emulators and a Penske 8987 Triple Adjustable Shock, then put the bike through their Optimization service. They had the bike back to me in under 2 weeks, during the middle of my racing season, and the results were AWESOME!

The bike went from a heavy steering, wallowing, and stiff riding tank, to a light steering, confident turning and compliant bike. It handles and rides like the '98-03 generations of ZX-9R's despite weighing much more. The bike no longer runs wide in turns under power or gets skittish over mid-corner bumps. The chassis is completely stable during acceleration, braking and cornering because of the stiffer springing, BUT the ride is much smoother and compliant due to the better compression/rebound valving. They also altered the ride height, which removed a bunch of rake and trail to help with the steering without compromising stability. An added benefit of the altered ride height is better drives out of corners and down straights because the tire is no longer spinning. It also gives the bike much more consistant times at the drag strip because the tire was no longer spinning down track. The bike also displays great 60ft consistancy.

To put the changes into perspective, last year I had a 2003 ZX-12R, 2004 ZX-10R and the ZX-11 together in my stable. The 12 is no longer with me because it didn't handle as well as the 10 or 11. Plus, the 11 is faster, more comfortable, smoother and great for long rides. The 12 is a great bike, but I had other bikes that were sharper (10) or faster (another area that was tinkered with) and more well-rounded (11).

One last note.... I mentioned about the OEM tolerance issues earlier. When I got the bike back, all the plastic fit perfectly because Computrack straightened everything up and all the mounting holes lines up with the holes in the bodywork....it was always a fight to get everything lined up before they got the bike.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Delt with them on the east coast earlier this year...The frame was bent really really bad and they straightened it right back out...def an A+ group of guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts