Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can you imagine the outrage that the news would be reporting this story with if it were a stunt display gone wrong. Or even cars.

But since it was horsies, it's just sad and unfortunate- no outrage.

Just sayin'......... The talking heads that report the news would be interjecting things like, "what were they thinking..." and have all sorts of comments and opinions.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20100705/NEWS/7050318/-1/ciml_insider/1-killed-23-hurt-as-horses-bolt-at-parade-in-Bellevue

·
I'm here WAY too much..
1,998 Posts
People underestimate horses.. Two of my ex's rode and owned horses... They are sweet and gentle, and huge, but they can also be pretty nasty and spiteful.. I've seen horses try to hurt people purposely.. Not that I can blame them at all..

It always amazes me when people are SURPRISED when animals act like animals. The horse didn't volunteer to have a bridle and a cart attached to them.

Reminds me of the Kat Williams skit..

Sad that people got hurt though..

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep- there would have been no arguement about me riding a horse when I was younger.
In fact, a friend's mom had one and my mom bought me boots to wear at the stable.

When it came to me buying a dirtbike with the money that I had earned (was saving for a boston whaler) then it was a big struggle.
Only because of a family that rode together (supervision) did I win that argument.

That and my awesome pediatrician's answer when my mom tried a last ditch move asking him if it was "safe."

"Well, as long as he wears his gear, I don't see a problem" was essentially his answer.

That was too funny and great all at the same time.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kat Williams-".....and I think he wanted me to laugh about it..." LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts