Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting gas yesterday for the 10 and talked to two guys one with a 09 gsxr 1000 and the other with a duc 999. Both started talking shit about Kawi and how the motors suck and the quality sucks. Guy with the Gixxer starting talkinghow his motor was pushing 210 hp stock and the Duc was at 200 Hp. Starting getting pissed off so we did a few runs lets just say I showed them what 165 HP can do. :smile:

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
For some people, the less they know, the more they try to look like experts. I just nod and move on. :dontknow:

·
Registered
629 Posts
I hear that type of shit so much It doesn't phase me anymore..

From a guy saying his 02 gixxer 750 would walk any newer liter.. To a guy with a K5 1k, stock motor swearing by seeing 200mph..

The worse part about the locals here is they will talk shit all day but when you say "fuck it, lets put em on the road" they suddenly have something better to do..

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
I hear that type of shit so much It doesn't phase me anymore..

From a guy saying his 02 gixxer 750 would walk any newer liter.. To a guy with a K5 1k, stock motor swearing by seeing 200mph..

The worse part about the locals here is they will talk shit all day but when you say "fuck it, lets put em on the road" they suddenly have something better to do..
Dumb Shits are everywhere!!! Lol I do the same thing. I hate idiots!

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Had a guy on an 02 gsxr 1k said he hit 210 on his. I just went with it and laughed.

Had another with an 07 r1 claim he did 190 with -1,+2 gearing. I was in a diff mood that night so I made him look stupid with facts and logic.

·
Is still Slo
1,538 Posts
That reminds me when I moved to GA, went to a pizza place in my car, there were two bikes...one was a cbr600 f4i?

Guy starts talking a big game about running the route around Atlanta in 15 minutes or so..... I don't remember all the details now but it was supposed to be around 190mph the entire way.

Other cbr guy says he runs 180+ all the time.

I had a good chuckle and walked away. They never even knew I had bikes, let alone my 03 cobra that would outrun them on the highway.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I was getting gas when a girl asked me how fast I have been on my Kawi. I told her 140. She said that's it. I have been 240 riding passenger with my BF. I just smile and nod.

People will say the silliest things. :rolleyes:

My buddy claims his gen1 Zx10 is pushing 180+ to the wheel with a full Yoshi no tuning no PC. I just smile and nod.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Sounds like somebody set their cluster to kph

·
Registered
77 Posts
Once at the cafe, that my friends and i hung out at, a guy in a busa showed up and started pointing to all our bike saying i can beat that one, and that one.....ect. Nobody knew who he was. So one of my friends had enough and said to race to the Ringling bridge and back. He won, with a Gs500. :thefinger

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
That's pretty much why I don't go to bike nights around here
or ride with a "CLUB" or set.
But once in awhile I'll go to have some fun to call people out
on their bikes and BS.
Every once in awhile, I'll wait till someone's talking shit about their bike
does 200 mph bla bla bla.
And they got the set around em sucking on him like a pivot man.
And then I step in and ask...

Tell me, You say your bike is stock and does 200 mph???
And of course, they say yeah.
I ask, well how did you get the bike to go past the speed and rev limiter
in the ECU ???
And stock gearing at that??? Huh..

That doesn't make any sense, because all stock bikes have a speed
limiter well below 200 mph.

That's when they start crawlfishin.
Well, I was just bullshitting. bla bla bla.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
In other words, they used the correct setting. :mrgreen: :helmet:
depending on location yes, but either way they're wrong :mrgreen:

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
That's pretty much why I don't go to bike nights around here
or ride with a "CLUB" or set.
But once in awhile I'll go to have some fun to call people out
on their bikes and BS.
Every once in awhile, I'll wait till someone's talking shit about their bike
does 200 mph bla bla bla.
And they got the set around em sucking on him like a pivot man.
And then I step in and ask...

Tell me, You say your bike is stock and does 200 mph???
And of course, they say yeah.
I ask, well how did you get the bike to go past the speed and rev limiter
in the ECU ???
And stock gearing at that??? Huh..

That doesn't make any sense, because all stock bikes have a speed
limiter well below 200 mph.

That's when they start crawlfishin.
Well, I was just bullshitting. bla bla bla.
:lol: I like to go to the bike nights to see what ppl have done with they're bikes. I walk right past the ones that look like 36 others and talk to those the put time in to theirs. I also like to show mine off :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
god i hate bullshitters! Like really..... If you feel you need to bullshit to feel cool, or fit in.. Whatever reason it may be.. Your not cool!!! So annoying!!

:+1:

·
Registered
582 Posts
I was getting gas yesterday for the 10 and talked to two guys one with a 09 gsxr 1000 and the other with a duc 999. Both started talking shit about Kawi and how the motors suck and the quality sucks. Guy with the Gixxer starting talkinghow his motor was pushing 210 hp stock and the Duc was at 200 Hp. Starting getting pissed off so we did a few runs lets just say I showed them what 165 HP can do. :smile:
Sound like 2 idiots on drugs

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
my streetbike runs 8.50's in the qtr.

OH WAIT IT REALLY DOES HAHAHAHAHA ZX10 FTW
HELL YEAH!!!! Cant wait till I can get to that point too. Im with what BG said below this!

Lmao!!! Damn right!! Definitely something to be proudof... lol just wait till the damn someone calls you on it.. Like bullshit!! Just say......Put some money on it. lol
:+1:

Sound like 2 idiots on drugs
:crackup::+1:

1 - 20 of 100 Posts