Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had asked awhile ago for some opinions on what bike to get for the girlfriend. I believe the majority vote was for the R6S, which is what we were leaning towards anyway, so here it is:

Attachments

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice bikes man!!! How does that r6s feel?
Truthfully, I wasn't revving it because she wants to break it in gentle and she was on the ten behind me, but, a little disappointing in the power department. I realize I'm used to a ZX10 but I really was expecting more. I'm hoping that it really kicks from 6 to 15 grand. It handles really well, and it was light as hell but NOTHING on the bottom end. Again, I've never ridden a 600 so I could be totally out to lunch.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Truthfully, I wasn't revving it because she wants to break it in gentle and she was on the ten behind me, but, a little disappointing in the power department. I realize I'm used to a ZX10 but I really was expecting more. I'm hoping that it really kicks from 6 to 15 grand. It handles really well, and it was light as hell but NOTHING on the bottom end. Again, I've never ridden a 600 so I could be totally out to lunch.
It actually has quite a bit more from 6-15K.... it doesn't really do much until 8K or so.... That's just the modern 600. They are made to wring out before you get into the power band! Of course, it's not as impressive as the 10R when it come's to power, but it's a blast on the track.

Mo

·
Registered
540 Posts
I still trip out on the color schemes of the older bikes... cant believe we actually used to like it! hahaha... nice collection though. That R6 is definitely a nice bike and handles very well in the twisties.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I've never ridden a 600 so I could be totally out to lunch.
Huh? Who's F2 cbr is that then in one of your pics? I understood those were all 4 of your bikes from your post that you made???

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
that r6 is sweet looking, they looked bad ass when they came out and still look cool after all these years. congrats man

1 - 20 of 32 Posts