Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a Gipro unit for my bike. I know you can get them with a blue or red display but i want the display to be in Green.

Is it easy to change the bulb to show a green display?

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
i believe they just came out with some new colors like yellow a few others...i have the blue and im sorta jealous

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i believe they just came out with some new colors like yellow a few others...i have the blue and im sorta jealous
The new DS series doesnt have an in built TRE and the newX-tyre is for cable driven speedos.

So i guess its the same original one for us if you want it with a TRE.

Back to the bulb color changing..... Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
179 Posts
dont hold me to this but i belive that the the gear indicator display itself is self lit. (as in the part that shows the gear has the leds built in) if you wanted to change the color you would have to unsoilder the gear indicator display and soilder in one with green leds.

·
Registered
765 Posts
The gear indicator is a 7-segment LED display. There is no "bulb", so to speak. Like pontiacman63383 said, the only way to change it would be to do some soldering.

A while back, I was sold on getting one, and traded a couple emails with HealTech about getting a custom green one made. Twice, they said they'd look into parts availability and get back to me. Both times, I never heard from them again. Their lack of correspondence pretty much ruined my desire to get one.

Now that they offer exactly what I was looking for (a green gear indicator w/o the ATRE). I might actually buy one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts