Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

81 - 100 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
I'm sorry but I still do not understand the importance of a Gipro?

·
Registered
670 Posts
I'm sorry but I still do not understand the importance of a Gipro?
Sounds like the GIpro is good for 2 things:
1. Gear Indicator
2. Opening the Secondary Butterflies sooner than stock CPU

I have it installed. My bike ran pretty good with the secondaries installed(gained down low and mid). I took the secondaries off and notice more power down low but lost some up high and thats with the GIpro on. Now that I've read there is no use for the GIpro with no secondaries except for gear indicator I'm not sure what to do except get it tuned.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hello. I buy today my GIPRO Atre k02 for zx10r 08. I am newby in bikes. I will also use pcIII, Quick Shifter, K&N air filter, -1 front spracket. What is the best mode to use when i put the gipro???

·
Registered
670 Posts
Hello. I buy today my GIPRO Atre k02 for zx10r 08. I am newby in bikes. I will also use pcIII, Quick Shifter, K&N air filter, -1 front spracket. What is the best mode to use when i put the gipro???
Try setting 2 for a ride around town, then switch to 1 and see which you like better.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I think some of you are misreading how the TRE works with and without the secondary throttle plates.
Setting 1: TRE active in 1-6 gears. Hard setting for zx-10r [now here is where it gets confusing] (also for zx-14 with secondary throttle plates removed).
Setting 2: TRE active in 1-6 gears. Softer setting for zx-10r and zx-14. Nowhere does it say to use this mode if the secondary throttle plates are removed on a zx-10r. Maybe its rider preference.
There is only 3 modes the zx-10r can benefit from according to the instructions. I think it does more than just move the secondary throttle plates.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I think some of you are misreading how the TRE works with and without the secondary throttle plates.
Setting 1: TRE active in 1-6 gears. Hard setting for zx-10r [now here is where it gets confusing] (also for zx-14 with secondary throttle plates removed).
Setting 2: TRE active in 1-6 gears. Softer setting for zx-10r and zx-14. Nowhere does it say to use this mode if the secondary throttle plates are removed on a zx-10r. Maybe its rider preference.
There is only 3 modes the zx-10r can benefit from according to the instructions. I think it does more than just move the secondary throttle plates.
Its getting tuned today and I'm gonna see if the tuner has any knowledge of GIpro's but I am thinking I will just leave the ATRE off with tune.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Cool let us know. After speaking with BD since I removed my Secondaries I just keep the Gi Pro in Neutral. I'd like to see what the tuner says and if he puts it on setting 1 or 2. just curious

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I'm getting my bike tuned next week and we're going to play with it. I took my secondaries out last night.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Well, I got it tuned with the Gipro off and it runs fine although I lost power in 6th. We are gonna put it back on the dyno to try and fix that. I'm going to ride the bike with the different gipro settings and see how it runs.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Did you try and tune it with the gipro on?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
what he said. I thought you were going to try and compare with it on/off. We need to know ;)

·
Registered
670 Posts
The tuner didn't know what a GIpro was. I turned it off and left the shop. I dropped the bike off at a shop thats 110 miles from home. The next day i went back and picked it up. This next time I bring it there I will be there with him and I will turn the gipro on the different settings and have him run it.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I'll get mine done this week and I'll test the different settings.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
thanks Killa

·
Registered
670 Posts
So I got it tuned and rode around with the gipro off and basically lost power in 6th but i think that was due to the map otherwise the power was smooth. I turned the gipro on setting 2 last night and wow what a difference. The bike rolled into a wheelie at 5000rpm in 1st and I wasn't trying to. This thing must change the timing. The bike sounds totally different in setting 2 also, more aggressive, poppy, and louder. I didn't try setting 1 yet because I wanted to see if the mileage would change.

I also noticed the bike had more power in setting 2 when the engine temp was lower between 155 and 170F compared to the gipro off(had more power at 180F+).

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
do you have your 2ndaries taken out ?

·
Registered
670 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
See I'd like to see proof on the dyno if its better off, on setting 1 or on setting 2. It does say Timing in the Gi Title so hmmm

·
Registered
670 Posts
Should it be called ATRE if it only controls the secondaries?

81 - 100 of 233 Posts