Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

61 - 80 of 233 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Not sure if it was covered here but are the Gipro and the SpeedoHealer compatible?
yes, the GiPro works with the GPS(Gear Position Sensor) and speedohealer works with the Speed sensor so they are totally independent and don't mess with each other like say an Acumen Gear indicator that deals with Speed and Tach only.

bloo

·
Registered
38 Posts
From what I understand, the 10r ignition timing curve is retarded in gears 1 to 4 possibly to meet government noise and exhaust emissions. in neutral and 5th and 6th gear this is not done. The timing retard eliminator intercepts a voltage difference which is put out by the gear position sensor and sends a different voltage to the ecu (ie the ecu thinks the bike is in neutral and the timing advance is per neutral) therefore the bike runs the correct timing mapping for performance and not government requirement. Suzuki gixers and busas also have a top speed limiter which runs only when the bike is in 6th so by the ecu being in neutral mapping the speed limiter is no longer. Blue can probably elaborate on this for me
perfect explanation:eek:ccasion1

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
My bike must be weird, because when I turn on the Gipro it runs like it lost a step. Even sounds funny. The indicator works (mostly) great, but anytime I turn it to 1 or 2 it seems to have lost something. I know I put it in right, but I definitely know it's not what it's supposed to be. Maybe the Gipro is bad?:dontknow: I seriously doubt that too, but who knows. Bike runs great turned off. I keep it in the bike for the gear indicator but that's a real expensive indicator.

Blue - have you heard of this happening before on someone else's bike?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
My bike must be weird, because when I turn on the Gipro it runs like it lost a step. Even sounds funny. The indicator works (mostly) great, but anytime I turn it to 1 or 2 it seems to have lost something. I know I put it in right, but I definitely know it's not what it's supposed to be. Maybe the Gipro is bad?:dontknow: I seriously doubt that too, but who knows. Bike runs great turned off. I keep it in the bike for the gear indicator but that's a real expensive indicator.

Blue - have you heard of this happening before on someone else's bike?
need more info guy..not trying to be mean you can't ask a question on the internet without giving out all the details...for one did you do a Sub-Throttle adjustment/do you have a PCIII and was it mapped before the GiPro etc?..see where I'm coming from?..would like to help if I can but it's to gray. :dontknow:

On my 1st Gen I only use the "hard setting" #1 in the mountains as my bike thinks it's in Neutral and that on-off throttle abruptness is gone in mid corners to help me keep it steady in lower gears if I'm not to steady on the throttle hand.:dontknow:

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
need more info guy..not trying to be mean you can't ask a question on the internet without giving out all the details...for one did you do a Sub-Throttle adjustment/do you have a PCIII and was it mapped before the GiPro etc?..see where I'm coming from?..would like to help if I can but it's to gray. :dontknow:

On my 1st Gen I only use the "hard setting" #1 in the mountains as my bike thinks it's in Neutral and that on-off throttle abruptness is gone in mid corners to help me keep it steady in lower gears if I'm not to steady on the throttle hand.:dontknow:
Blue- no offense of any kind taken. I just installed it by the numbers from the instructions. I did not mod anything other than the connectors to hook it up. I do have a PCIII but it is supposedly set to stock and I dont know why I still have it to begin with. Was going to get a Serpent full system but ended up with a Micron high mount slipon. Just takes up trunk space. My bike is a stock '05 except the slipon, no other mods mechanically or electrically. Would you think if I removed the PCIII it would do better? Thanks for all your help dude.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
perfect explanation:eek:ccasion1
Ok, if that was the perfect explanation I'm getting confused again. I thought the TRE just opened up our secondaries sooner? Does it actually advance the timing in the first 4 gears then? Will it remove the top speed limiter on the bike?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Blue- no offense of any kind taken. I just installed it by the numbers from the instructions. I did not mod anything other than the connectors to hook it up. I do have a PCIII but it is supposedly set to stock and I dont know why I still have it to begin with. Was going to get a Serpent full system but ended up with a Micron high mount slipon. Just takes up trunk space. My bike is a stock '05 except the slipon, no other mods mechanically or electrically. Would you think if I removed the PCIII it would do better? Thanks for all your help dude.
If you have a PCIII there can be problems with a TRE. I know you believe it's stock but you have to many variables...a stock map so you say, Tre in hard setting(you never mentioned if you did the sub-throttle adjustment..this makes me mad if you did because you said no "mods electrically"). The thing is with a stock map it's adjusting for fuel what the ECU should be doing in all gears...the TRE only tells the ECU it's in Neutral and to use that map..the PC thinks it's in a specific gear and uses that map for fueling..you can't have your cake and eat it too. Take the TRE out or Map for it with the Slip-on and Sub-throttle adjustment...otherwise just tune the PCIII without the TRE...personally messing with the sub-throttle sensor is not a good thing if you can get away with it so will go mapping the PCIII..if the PC is out you may not get the maximum HP if you do adjustments in sensors but the on-off throttle abruptness will be gone...that is something the GiPro can do just like TRE.:wink:

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
If you have a PCIII there can be problems with a TRE. I know you believe it's stock but you have to many variables...a stock map so you say, Tre in hard setting(you never mentioned if you did the sub-throttle adjustment..this makes me mad if you did because you said no "mods electrically"). The thing is with a stock map it's adjusting for fuel what the ECU should be doing in all gears...the TRE only tells the ECU it's in Neutral and to use that map..the PC thinks it's in a specific gear and uses that map for fueling..you can't have your cake and eat it too. Take the TRE out or Map for it with the Slip-on and Sub-throttle adjustment...otherwise just tune the PCIII without the TRE...personally messing with the sub-throttle sensor is not a good thing if you can get away with it so will go mapping the PCIII..if the PC is out you may not get the maximum HP if you do adjustments in sensors but the on-off throttle abruptness will be gone...that is something the GiPro can do just like TRE.:wink:
I never did the sub throttle adjustment, and I meant I only did the GiPro and PCIII mapped to stock as electrical mods. I guess I'll just pull the PCIII and see what that gets me because I'll never use the full potential of the PCIII anyway. Know of anyone that needs one cheap? :lol: Thanks Bloo - Rep to you for your help and patience.:thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I never did the sub throttle adjustment, and I meant I only did the GiPro and PCIII mapped to stock as electrical mods. I guess I'll just pull the PCIII and see what that gets me because I'll never use the full potential of the PCIII anyway. Know of anyone that needs one cheap? :lol: Thanks Bloo - Rep to you for your help and patience.:thumbsup:
Hey, if it's just running stock map on the PCIII you should pull it if your not going to use it and can sell it on this site fast(classified section)...report back though I think you will find changes with your configuration that the 10R is back to normal.:wink::thumbsup:

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Thanks Bloo (again)- I pulled it today and the bike certainly is different without the PCIII. Do the secondaries open as well when it switch it on or does it just advance the timing? The engine definitely sounds different with it switched on, and seems to really pull harder. I know you've probably already explained this ad nauseum, but I guess I'm a retard when it comes to this.

·
Registered
43 Posts
hmmm, the PCIII is tempting. my 07 is stock. i bought the gi pro only for the indicator but saw a little potential for the TRE. i do my own engine management on my cars, etc,
so being able to crack into the bike aint all bad. for the record, the wife isnt real sure i should be buying *hard speed parts for it, but a little tuning for my elevation for "volumetric efficientcy & mileage" couldnt hurt , lawl. if you really wanna get rid of that lil box, pm me. i have her blessing on a -1, so i can navigate stop and go traffic easier with a 12.5% gear reduction and loweer top speed. is that number right?
the snow is almost gone again main roads are clear, so im gonna go butt-dyno the GI settings. p.s. i bought a speedohealer in case i need one!! :)

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
hmmm, the PCIII is tempting. my 07 is stock. i bought the gi pro only for the indicator but saw a little potential for the TRE. i do my own engine management on my cars, etc,
so being able to crack into the bike aint all bad. for the record, the wife isnt real sure i should be buying *hard speed parts for it, but a little tuning for my elevation for "volumetric efficientcy & mileage" couldnt hurt , lawl. if you really wanna get rid of that lil box, pm me. i have her blessing on a -1, so i can navigate stop and go traffic easier with a 12.5% gear reduction and loweer top speed. is that number right?
the snow is almost gone again main roads are clear, so im gonna go butt-dyno the GI settings. p.s. i bought a speedohealer in case i need one!! :)
Thanks for the offer but I don't think the PC3 will work in your '07. I believe the gen1 pc3's and gen2 pc3's are different.

·
Registered
38 Posts
you're right, they are different for the PCIII's; the '04 & '05 is a different model # than the '06 & '07. The Gipro w/ATRE is the same unit for '04-'08. I luv my PCIII combined with my Gipro-ATRE and K&N.....a noticable improvement with no hassles right out of the box.....I recommend to all!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
gipro

just picked up my gipro and speedo healer, for my 05 10r... do i have to do the sub- idle adjustment? and wich way do i turn it...if i don't adjust it what will happen? my bike is stock except for a yosh slip-on and a k&n..and a 16t

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I have not really has time to test out all the settings on the GiPro TRE yet. I installed it and put it on #1 since I was told that was best for me and what I had ( see sig for mods ). I installed this at the same time I did the Secondary Delete and Ivans Block off mod. My buddy took my slow gal out for a ride and said he noticed it seems slugish. I went for a ride and I noticed my bike felt a little sluggish as well, UNLESS it's all in my head :dontknow: you all know how that can be sometimes. Anyhow I am thinking it was b.c of the Secondary Delete mod. Some swear by it some don't. Now I am not trying to get off topic so back to the topic in hand. Do I infact have the TRE set to the proper setting for my setup? Again I put it on Setting "1". I am getting tuned soon so would like everything to work best hand n hand. The other problem I noticed is with the Gear Indicator. It seems to be sluggish when shifting fast. If I am shifting fast and in 5th ( b/c I am counting ) it will say 3 or just be going into 4th. Then if I slow down in a higher gear ( 5th to 6th ) or come to a stop in that higher gear it then flickers to the right gear. IF I drive normal it seems to work fine past 4th gear 90% of the time. Any thoughts? Bloo ?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I have not really has time to test out all the settings on the GiPro TRE yet. I installed it and put it on #1 since I was told that was best for me and what I had ( see sig for mods ). I installed this at the same time I did the Secondary Delete and Ivans Block off mod. My buddy took my slow gal out for a ride and said he noticed it seems slugish. I went for a ride and I noticed my bike felt a little sluggish as well, UNLESS it's all in my head :dontknow: you all know how that can be sometimes. Anyhow I am thinking it was b.c of the Secondary Delete mod. Some swear by it some don't. Now I am not trying to get off topic so back to the topic in hand. Do I infact have the TRE set to the proper setting for my setup? Again I put it on Setting "1". I am getting tuned soon so would like everything to work best hand n hand. The other problem I noticed is with the Gear Indicator. It seems to be sluggish when shifting fast. If I am shifting fast and in 5th ( b/c I am counting ) it will say 3 or just be going into 4th. Then if I slow down in a higher gear ( 5th to 6th ) or come to a stop in that higher gear it then flickers to the right gear. IF I drive normal it seems to work fine past 4th gear 90% of the time. Any thoughts? Bloo ?
Since you removed the Secondary flies you do not need the ATRE. As I understand it fooling the ECU what gear it’s in opens the flies sooner in lower gears, but since you don’t have any it’s not necessary so put the GiPro in NORMAL mode as it’s just basically a Gear Indicator for you now.

Also, you will need to reprogram your GiPro, as it is not as fast as my custom gear indicator it is one of the fastest available in the market. Some have had issues on 5th and 6th gear transitions including myself. My theory for that is because the Voltage signals are so close that at times they overlap in real time voltage to the unit including my Custom Gear Indicator.

bloo

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Thanks Bloo,

Thanks. I will put it in NORMAL mode once I get home.

How would I get the GIPRO reprogramed and how much does it cost?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Thanks Bloo,

Thanks. I will put it in NORMAL mode once I get home.

How would I get the GIPRO reprogramed and how much does it cost?
didn't you get instructions how to do that?....most install and it works out of the box so that seems to be your problem...read the instructions and program it and I bet it will be much better.

bloo

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
lol yea I will go over the instructions this weekend once I arrive home. I didn't look in there. Ooopps :dontknow: :crackup: Not intirely my fault tho. When you got the Wifey calling every 30 minutes on modding weekend asking you when are you coming home, wa wa wa you tend to PnP then goooooooo! :lol:

61 - 80 of 233 Posts