Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

41 - 60 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
I JUST bought one, the gear indicator is definitely cool.But is the tre a noticeable difference???????It makes sense to retard the timing in lower gears,to keep people from looping the damn thing just like the 100 plus 1st gear.But does it give you more pep?????Thanks

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I JUST bought one, the gear indicator is definitely cool.But is the tre a noticeable difference???????It makes sense to retard the timing in lower gears,to keep people from looping the damn thing just like the 100 plus 1st gear.But does it give you more pep?????Thanks
Did mine... mainly midrange

·
Gone
673 Posts
install it, take her for a spin then let us know! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
458 Posts
Has anyone installed one of these??????Because I was told no splicing or cutting of wires,but it says right off the bat you need to install provided connectors.I s this a big job,I thought there would be photos of where the connections are.I hate to be a dumb ass but it sounds like a lot of work.

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
no its simple, all you gotta do is pull out 4 pins and put them in the new plugs. Theres plenty of info on here, its pretty easy. Except for in my case where i cant get the damn thing to power up. FUCK!!!!!!!

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Just from a personal stand point....Last night i had my 10 remapped with a full beet system/pc3/bmc race a/f.....Once it was mapped i had the dyno guy run it again(just to see hp/torque difference)in the 2 modes for the 10....If anythin it lost a cpl hp..So imho dont buy it unless you want it for the gear indicator..
Dont worry,the dyno guys are well known locally for there performance knowlage and did the dynajet training stuff..

·
Registered
467 Posts
When you turned on the GIpro did you notice if the bike ran leaner or richer? And I am wondering if he mapped it with the GIpro on eather setting 1 or 2 would he have been able to adjust the map to suit the TRE function? With the way you have it mapped did it get rid of the off / back on throttle abrupness. Thats the reason I got a GIpro TRE to begin with.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Just from a personal stand point....Last night i had my 10 remapped with a full beet system/pc3/bmc race a/f.....Once it was mapped i had the dyno guy run it again(just to see hp/torque difference)in the 2 modes for the 10....If anythin it lost a cpl hp..So imho dont buy it unless you want it for the gear indicator..
Dont worry,the dyno guys are well known locally for there performance knowlage and did the dynajet training stuff..
Im betting you didnt have it mapped with the gipro turned on to one of the settings? Im intrested to hear what you have to say.:dontknow:

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Nope i didnt...but they looked at it after it was done and told me it made no difference..I tried the 2 settings for the 10..made no difference in the mapping and made a cpl less hp and didnt change the torque..

·
Registered
620 Posts
Nope i didnt...but they looked at it after it was done and told me it made no difference..I tried the 2 settings for the 10..made no difference in the mapping and made a cpl less hp and didnt change the torque..
Now this is interrestin. I've tried to but dyno my bike with different settings, and I could not notice any difference at all, except showing it correct gears, which it does without problems, except I had to relearn the 6th gear. Sometimes it showed 5 when I was in 6th.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Ok, I have a question that I don't think has been covered here yet. Does the soft setting on GiPro still eliminate the jerkiness (which is a big reason why I like the Ivan's TRE I have).

My dilemna is mileage and range, I actually ride my bike far and really need as much range as I can get away with while retaining smooth, high power. I'm reading that the Ivan's TRE opens the secondaries @3K and the GiPro is tempting not only for the gear indicator but also the fact that I can open the secondaries @4-5K which should help the gas mileage/range and hopefully still eliminate on/off and low speed jerkiness. Bloo can probably answer me but if anyone can elaborate please chime in.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Ok, I have a question that I don't think has been covered here yet. Does the soft setting on GiPro still eliminate the jerkiness (which is a big reason why I like the Ivan's TRE I have).

My dilemna is mileage and range, I actually ride my bike far and really need as much range as I can get away with while retaining smooth, high power. I'm reading that the Ivan's TRE opens the secondaries @3K and the GiPro is tempting not only for the gear indicator but also the fact that I can open the secondaries @4-5K which should help the gas mileage/range and hopefully still eliminate on/off and low speed jerkiness. Bloo can probably answer me but if anyone can elaborate please chime in.
I don't own the GiPro anymore(http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50583) but if I remember right the soft setting did stop the 'jerkiness' but not sure on the differences as I did not do any comparison between the 2 settings for a period of time but will bet it does better in gas mileage on the soft setting....bottom line in your situation or for what you want you need a GiPro or a custom setup like I have to turn the TRE off when needed. :wink:

·
Registered
724 Posts
I don't own the GiPro anymore(http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50583) but if I remember right the soft setting did stop the 'jerkiness' but not sure on the differences as I did not do any comparison between the 2 settings for a period of time but will bet it does better in gas mileage on the soft setting....bottom line in your situation or for what you want you need a GiPro or a custom setup like I have to turn the TRE off when needed. :wink:
So you running an Ivan's then ? That gear indicator is awesome...I PM'd piter3d..

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
So you running an Ivan's then ? That gear indicator is awesome...I PM'd piter3d..
No, I run my own TRE by using the right resistance to simulate the Neutral gear or GiPro in the Hard setting same as Ivan's...read this thread from the start again but bottom line I have a great Gear Indicator and a switch to turn it off when I want. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
724 Posts
No, I run my own TRE by using the right resistance to simulate the Neutral gear or GiPro in the Hard setting same as Ivan's...read this thread from the start again but bottom line I have a great Gear Indicator and a switch to turn it off when I want. :thumbsup:
Yea I did...thanks. That's sweet you run your own TRE, my bike came with an Ivan's so I guess I got one for free. I'm PMing pieter3d as we speak about possibly getting one of his gear indicators I just need to figure out a semi waterproof/waterproof enclosure 'cause I ride in Seattle winters. Talk about a sweet setup though, a TRE and gear indicator for $50, such a deal. pieter3d's gear indicator will easily work with the Ivan's TRE...if I end up getting one I'll post with results and what we figure out for an enclosure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i dont remember who i talked to (was the owner of one of these companies ) he told me that my 07 zx-10 would only gain advantage below half throttle, and entering turns(he said very slight comfort gain ). after i spoke with him i figured...."who gives a damn about half throttle" if i want more, i twist more. i only spoke with the one guy , but he seemed to know exactly what he was talking about. i think the 06-07 is different than the 04-05 as far as these devices

41 - 60 of 233 Posts