Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 234 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, finally got around to taking readings. This is for a 04/05 ZX10R but 06/07 models should work the same unless the GiPro is different for each models as they should have different pins(maybe different part # as well because of the pins) but most likely the same for both as the gear mechanisms pass the same voltage for both Generations to the ECU but you never know if the Mapping for each gear is different so 06/07 owners take that for what it's worth:

SETTINGS

- Normal Mode
TRE NOT ACTIVE All voltages Normal per Manual specs

1- TRE Active in 1-6 gears. Hard Setting for zx10r only

Neutral 4.47v Same as Ivan’s TRE

2- TRE Active in 1-6 gears. Softer Setting for zx10r and zx14
4th Gear 1.4v

3- TRE Active in 1-6 gears. Hard Setting for zx14/zxr1400
6th Gear 1.0v

4- TRE Active in 2-6 gears. Hard Setting for zx14/zxr1400
6th Gear 1.0v (1st gear is normal voltage to the ECU)

Hopes this settles it at least it will for me as there will always be old Suk guys that assume Ivans TRE does 5th gear so the ZX10R does it as well. :headshake:

I will answer any questions but mind you this is not related to PCIII only what the ECU sees. Thanks

bloo

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
So does this mean the hard setting is the best for performance? The voltages mean very little to me... I'm an electrocreaton

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Just a bit of info that may help. The GI Pro unit as provided is specific to the 06/07 model. If ordered for an 04/05 it is the same unit with an adapter plug as the bike looms are slightly different

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you bluedevil :thumbsup:

No problem :eek:ccasion1 I always wanted to see myself how it works compared to the IVANS TRE.

So does this mean the hard setting is the best for performance? The voltages mean very little to me... I'm an electrocreaton

Since Ivan did testing on the zx10R and picked Neutral as the best voltage then most likely that setting is the preferred one to be in......but he also said to move the sub-throttle sensor as well but with Gipro they don't recommend that mainly because of the special tools required.

The main thing here from my test shows there is a Setting that acts exactly like Ivan's so if you wanted to do the sub-throttle setting and believe that works the best than you have that option. The only difference is you get a gear indicator to Boot and the option to turn it off if you like or try the 4th gear setting or 6th gear setting which we didn't know until I did the test.

Here is a quick breakdown since you don't like the voltage stuff. LOL

Gipro

Setting Normal-- same as stock
Setting #1 - Neutral and same as Ivan's TRE
Setting #2 - 4th Gear simulation(all gears)
Setting #3 - 6th Gear simulation(all gears)
Setting #4 - 6th Gear simulation gears 2-6 only.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
still kinda lost on what all that means. guess thats why im a SQUID!!!!!!!!
From what I understand, the 10r ignition timing curve is retarded in gears 1 to 4 possibly to meet government noise and exhaust emissions. in neutral and 5th and 6th gear this is not done. The timing retard eliminator intercepts a voltage difference which is put out by the gear position sensor and sends a different voltage to the ecu (ie the ecu thinks the bike is in neutral and the timing advance is per neutral) therefore the bike runs the correct timing mapping for performance and not government requirement. Suzuki gixers and busas also have a top speed limiter which runs only when the bike is in 6th so by the ecu being in neutral mapping the speed limiter is no longer. Blue can probably elaborate on this for me

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
No problem :eek:ccasion1 I always wanted to see myself how it works compared to the IVANS TRE.

Since Ivan did testing on the zx10R and picked Neutral as the best voltage then most likely that setting is the preferred one to be in......but he also said to move the sub-throttle sensor as well but with Gipro they don't recommend that mainly because of the special tools required.

The main thing here from my test shows there is a Setting that acts exactly like Ivan's so if you wanted to do the sub-throttle setting and believe that works the best than you have that option. The only difference is you get a gear indicator to Boot and the option to turn it off if you like or try the 4th gear setting or 6th gear setting which we didn't know until I did the test.

Here is a quick breakdown since you don't like the voltage stuff. LOL

Gipro

Setting Normal-- same as stock
Setting #1 - Neutral and same as Ivan's TRE
Setting #2 - 4th Gear simulation(all gears)
Setting #3 - 6th Gear simulation(all gears)
Setting #4 - 6th Gear simulation gears 2-6 only.
Find this interesting though. In the instructions it says that the tre is auto off in neutral to ensure smooth idling etc. Why if it is mapping neutral, would it need to turn off as it's already in that map

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Is there a difference between neutral ignition timing and 6th gear ignition timing? Will these cause any danger to the bike if the bike is not tuned with pc3?

Btw if ivan's tre makes the bike think it is in neutral all the time, and if kawi designed a more aggressive ignition timing for 6th gear, wouldn't it cause loss of power in 5th and 6th gears?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Find this interesting though. In the instructions it says that the tre is auto off in neutral to ensure smooth idling etc. Why if it is mapping neutral, would it need to turn off as it's already in that map
You have to read between the lines what's going on. If the TRE can also be in 4th and 6th gear why would you want the TRE on in Neutral?:headshake: So you are almost right but I suspect because of the other Setting choices it just shuts it down all together in Neutral. When your in setting #1 you never leave the Neutral map.. but if your in the 4th or 6th gear map you will be shut off to Neutral when you get out of gear. Hope that makes sense.

One other thing I was one of the original test cases for the Gipro and reported back to Herbert at Heal Tech. I pointed out all the discrepancies I found in the Instructions. Guess I missed that one but only because we never knew what it actually did at the time until now. :wink:

bloo

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
From what I understand, the 10r ignition timing curve is retarded in gears 1 to 4 possibly to meet government noise and exhaust emissions. in neutral and 5th and 6th gear this is not done. The timing retard eliminator intercepts a voltage difference which is put out by the gear position sensor and sends a different voltage to the ecu (ie the ecu thinks the bike is in neutral and the timing advance is per neutral) therefore the bike runs the correct timing mapping for performance and not government requirement. Suzuki gixers and busas also have a top speed limiter which runs only when the bike is in 6th so by the ecu being in neutral mapping the speed limiter is no longer. Blue can probably elaborate on this for me
That's about right thrill from what I understand as well, but when it comes to busa's or zx14s or other bikes Ivan makes TRE's to work in different gears to achieve many different things per bike like a higher Top Speed, or like for the 10r the on-off throttle abruptness (all 1k bikes do not have a speed limiter per say but are limited by power for the 186mph barrier for the most part) In the zx10Rs case he must have went through every voltage vs gear and determined the Neutral Map is the best. Gipro also duplicated that as well and called it the "Hard Setting" so........ :wink:

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
All the big 1g machines are speed limited...It was an agreement by all 4..Kawasaki,Suzuki,Honda,YAMAHA...How they are limiting the speed im not sure..

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All the big 1g machines are speed limited...It was an agreement by all 4..Kawasaki,Suzuki,Honda,YAMAHA...How they are limiting the speed im not sure..
THEY ARE CONTROLLED FROM WHAT i HAVE READ AND EXPERIENCED...BUT NOT LIMITED BY THE "AGREEMENT" FOR THE 1K BIKES. :headshake:...shoot in many test most 1ks can't even get near the 186mph barrier ...get it?

·
Registered
243 Posts
thanks thrill

thanks for the explanation. im used to just jumping on to ride and not all the technical stuff. im trying to learn though. but its alot. you guys know ur shit. and if you dont know u sure do good homework to find out. i love this site and all the guys in it for your expertise. i love my 10 vey much and wouldnt trade it for nothing except maybe the 08 10. in my bike club there are 39 members. the name is Savage Riderz. of those 39, there is one 10, mine, one 07 zx6r, 1 honda and one yamamaha( :lol: ). the rest are SUPUKI'S. the kaw vs zuke battle never ends. mostly 1k's and busa's. they talk so much shit it aint funny. i had a zuke before and got off it for the 10. all the supuki (supuki, haha give me rep for new word) riders say big mistake.:fu2: i say great move. i dont talk shit no more. i just tell them line up. then they get quiet. pussies. i pulled a biker boy move on one of them. he was talkin shit bout busa's and made reference to the 10. i told him to shut up and mount up and he got quiet. then i said quote "I Figured You Would Bitch Up" in front of everyone and tested his man hood. next thing i know we were at the red light. i let him take off first then passed him in 3rd on one wheel. out here if you racing and someone beats you and there on one wheel its considerd as them basically spitting in your face. I have had no problems from anyone since then. with all that said, i guess it its true. RED IS THE FASTEST!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
thanks for the explanation. im used to just jumping on to ride and not all the technical stuff. im trying to learn though. but its alot. you guys know ur shit. and if you dont know u sure do good homework to find out. i love this site and all the guys in it for your expertise. i love my 10 vey much and wouldnt trade it for nothing except maybe the 08 10. in my bike club there are 39 members. the name is Savage Riderz. of those 39, there is one 10, mine, one 07 zx6r, 1 honda and one yamamaha( :lol: ). the rest are SUPUKI'S. the kaw vs zuke battle never ends. mostly 1k's and busa's. they talk so much shit it aint funny. i had a zuke before and got off it for the 10. all the supuki (supuki, haha give me rep for new word) riders say big mistake.:fu2: i say great move. i dont talk shit no more. i just tell them line up. then they get quiet. pussies. i pulled a biker boy move on one of them. he was talkin shit bout busa's and made reference to the 10. i told him to shut up and mount up and he got quiet. then i said quote "I Figured You Would Bitch Up" in front of everyone and tested his man hood. next thing i know we were at the red light. i let him take off first then passed him in 3rd on one wheel. out here if you racing and someone beats you and there on one wheel its considerd as them basically spitting in your face. I have had no problems from anyone since then. with all that said, i guess it its true. RED IS THE FASTEST!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats some funny shit...................... Good Kill !!!

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
TMOORIS.....If you let a busa driver take off 1st and then you caught him and then passed him on 1 wheel in 3rd...He didnt get much of a head start and he cant be much of a driver...IM a die hard green guy but a busa aint that much of a slouch...Im callin shannigans!!!!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
TMOORIS.....If you let a busa driver take off 1st and then you caught him and then passed him on 1 wheel in 3rd...He didnt get much of a head start and he cant be much of a driver...IM a die hard green guy but a busa aint that much of a slouch...Im callin shannigans!!!!
lol..you guys have some good stories but off Topic..this is a sticky for a reason at this point so stay on topic.:wink:

·
Registered
243 Posts
yes, he was not much of a rider. and i knew that. so i tried to embarass him. i dont like to race, but for some reason people always wanna call out the zx10. so i tried to use him to prove a point. i guess it worked cause no one else has said anything since. he is more of a squid than i am. i know a busa is no slouch. i watch my cousin run 9.1's and 9' flats on his all the time. many have heard rumors about the 10 i guess and want to test it out. so fugg him. he is talked about bad now for losing that way. no it wasnt much of a lead but with the right rider if he takes of first it will be hard to make up ground. but no i aint claiming to be a champ rider by posting that. just a lil story i thought was neat cause any chance i can beat a busa i do it cause i hate them so much.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
That's about right thrill from what I understand as well, but when it comes to busa's or zx14s or other bikes Ivan makes TRE's to work in different gears to achieve many different things per bike like a higher Top Speed, or like for the 10r the on-off throttle abruptness (all 1k bikes do not have a speed limiter per say but are limited by power for the 186mph barrier for the most part) In the zx10Rs case he must have went through every voltage vs gear and determined the Neutral Map is the best. Gipro also duplicated that as well and called it the "Hard Setting" so........ :wink:
What was your experience with the hard setting vs the soft settings bloo??? Ive been back and forth with both settings and like the soft setting because the bike runs 10 times smoother!!! Hard settings makes the bike seem to run leaner and rougher. No gap or loss of power as described by other people on this forum with the hard setting. I cant determine which is better and thought id get your opion on the 2 settings. :dontknow:

1 - 20 of 234 Posts