Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my GiPro some time ago, I did the learning, but it is not working correctly. In idle all the gears shows correctly, but when I rev-up the gear indicator changes down - meaning:

Idle
gearindicator shows 5. gear​
rev-up
gearindicator changes to 4. or 3. maybe even 2.​

Ideas anyone?

Regards
Henrik, Denmark

·
Registered
209 Posts
I don't know man, drop them a email maybe.. has it ever worked ?, if not maybe you have made the wrong connections in loom. :dontknow:

·
Registered
259 Posts
What year is your 10? Is the GiPRO the one that is intended for the 10? If you have the proper one, there should be no learning required, just plug'n'play. But definitely shoot them an email, Norbert from Healtech has been extremely responsive when I've contacted him.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My bike is from 2006. Probably it never worked:sad: Will drop healtech a mail.

·
Registered
259 Posts
My bike is from 2006. Probably it never worked:sad: Will drop healtech a mail.
Strange. I got the GiPro for the '06, plugged it right in and there was no learning involved at all. If I remember correctly aren't there some dipswitches that have to be set - maybe one of them is not set correctly. Held og lykke! :mrgreen:

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
The one on my '05 has never displayed correctly. I will display the correct gear at speed but if I back off the throttle it will display another, usually a gear lower. Never bothered doing anything about it because I thought that was the way it was. I guess I should contact them too.

·
Registered
101 Posts
i just installed mine V4 for my 05 and it works good except sometimes when im in 3-6 it might be a gear off but only for a few seconds or till i reach a higher mph.... weird but its not all the time....

·
Registered
581 Posts
Not trying to sound like a dink but I had to set up each gear with the instructions it came with.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I've had mine on my 06 for over a year now and it works perfectly, maybe whoever installed it up hooked a couple wires up backwards since you are actually taking a few wires out of the main connector and plugging them into new connectors...check it out

·
Registered
183 Posts
I just installed mine last week on my 07, just hooked it up and works perfect . But at nite i noticed it gets dim then bright every couple of seconds anyone eles seen this?

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
It has an illumination sensitivity switch, dial it back some.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts