Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having problems with the gipro?I know I read someone had a bad one they had to send back?Anyway installed mine and having problems with a few gears,mainly 4th when I put it in 4th sometimes it goes back to 3rd,and back and 4th,I did the learn process a couple times but still not right.I don't know if I am not doing it right or what?Any help is appreciated.Thanks Roger

·
Registered
292 Posts
Do you have a first gen 10? I've got exactly the same probs and despite installing a new gear position switch snd double checking installation have yet to solve the problem. Healtech was very supportive and even sent me a new GIPRO to ensure the problem was not with the unit itself.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have an 04,so I guess this is something we have to live with I like the product ,it's just the innacuracy is a little annoying.I don't wanna have to take it off and install a new one if it's going to be the same.Let me know how the new one is??????????Thanks for the reply it was driving me nuts.Roger

·
Registered
805 Posts
same problem with mine on my 04, I havent tried the learn process yet because I dont have a stand and my bike doesnt shift into 2nd or higher gears unless its moving.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
green tourismo, don't tell anyone but I tried it getting on the freeway,when it wasn't busy of course.Pulled over on ramp went to learn mode and changed gears as it said.But be careful.

·
Registered
805 Posts
green tourismo, don't tell anyone but I tried it getting on the freeway,when it wasn't busy of course.Pulled over on ramp went to learn mode and changed gears as it said.But be careful.

Ya, I was thinking of doing it that way, weathers been shitty tho so I havent worried about it. Glad to know it works that way tho:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
mine does the me thing if your going like 40mph in 3rd it thinks your in 2nd and jumps around as i increase the speed.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
same here, tried to teach mine a few times and it didnt help... dont feel like taking it off to put a new one on either...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yes I have an 04,so I guess this is something we have to live with I like the product ,it's just the innacuracy is a little annoying.I don't wanna have to take it off and install a new one if it's going to be the same.Let me know how the new one is??????????Thanks for the reply it was driving me nuts.Roger
Even though Norbert at Healtech sent me an "optimized" replacement unit I haven't been able to get it working satisfactory. I guess it's a problem that the first gens have because the voltages for the gears are very close to each other thus making it difficult for the GIPRO to tell which gear is selected.
I'm not sure, but I think the second gens have less problems, probably they have a wider range of voltages for the gears :dontknow:

·
GEN II Driver
2,891 Posts
I guess it's a problem that the first gens have because the voltages for the gears are very close to each other thus making it difficult for the GIPRO to tell which gear is selected.
I'm not sure, but I think the second gens have less problems, probably they have a wider range of voltages for the gears :dontknow:
gipro on my 2nd gen has no issues.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
This is bluedevil favourite subject, try asking him/her....
Yeah the GiPro is my favorite Subject and I don’t even own one anymore :heyyou:
but go ahead and read through my 9000+ posts to see what percentage I talk about the GiPro, as I’m kind of curious myself why it’s my favorite subject :popcorn: :crackup:…..and that is MR Bluedevil. to you bkkninja not “him/her” :bitchslap:

As for anyone that needs help there is enough information on this site by now from many other members including myself to get help with the “Search Feature”. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Yeah my GIpro bounces around though the gears sometimes when going fast & a few times when im in 6th i look down & see the gear indicator shows 5th so i go to change up another gear then as soon as i pull in the clutch it shows that its actually in 6th :headshake plus one of my friends has had an 04 05 & 06 model ZX-10R & each one he has had a TRE installed on it & had to do the fast idol adjustment but when i installed mine it didn't do the fast idol it just idled normally so i just dont know what it is :dontknow:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts