Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a fricken weird one. I have a Gipro and a Speedohealer in my '06 and it's acting real freaky to say the least. This morning it was a bit cold and that's when it has a mind of it's own. First it started changing modes on it's own, I didn't touch it but saw it change modes twice while I was riding. Then I hit the button to change the display on the speedo and it changed modes again. WTF ???? Has this happened to anyone ? I guess I'll just call up HealTech and troubleshoot it with them if not....

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There's nothing like replying to yourself...anyway, I found out I have a bad GiPro. One is on the way and to anyone out there that needs to disable the GiPro just pull the power cable. It'll go to pass through mode and run like there's no TRE on it. That way you only have to remove the bad one when the new one arrives ;)

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
Yeah I say its a bad gipro. Im not an electrician wizard but I have seen lots of electronics go bad. The main cause for this might the in the switch itself. Might have been corroded and shorting itself, therefore its like pushing the button on its own.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just wanted to post up an update for anyone else tat may have similar problems. The new one is installed and it's perfect, I also set it to hard (I always run on hard) and covered the button. I ride all year round and condensation through the button hole was my problem I think. Fingers are crossed that this will be the fix and this one won't go bad. We'll see how it goes...otherwise I'm very happy now and so is the bike.

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
I like GiPro mainly for the tre, but the GI sucks big time.
At some certain times, I have been running on 6th gear, and it never showed 6, just 5.
And it takes about 1-2 seconds before the right gear shows up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts