Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 zx10r SE that has about 2500 miles on it and its pretty much bone stock. Im thinking about getting the gipro/atre for the gear indicator and also the improved low end. I was wondering if this thing really makes a difference? Ive read that some people say its amazing while others say it hardly makes a difference. I just want to get some feedback from people who have it and also how hard the install is? Thanks

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
It makes a noticable difference. Go for it! If you can install a pc then you should be good.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have a 07 zx10r SE that has about 2500 miles on it and its pretty much bone stock. Im thinking about getting the gipro/atre for the gear indicator and also the improved low end. I was wondering if this thing really makes a dif ference? Ive read that some people say its amazing while others say it hardly makes a difference. I just want to get some feedback from people who have it and also how hard the install is? Thanks
I have an 04 and removed the 2ndary flies and this made a very noticeable and significant difference. THEN I bought the GIpro ATRE and the difference on a scale of 1-10 was maybe a 1 if any. The ATRE opens the flies earlier and changes ignition timing in lower gears - SO if your looking for snappy response for free - just remove your flies - If you really want a gear indicator and dont want to remove your flies then put in the ATRE and youll feel a significant difference on the partial throttle openings in lower 3 gears. But if flies are already removed - the difference is negligable IMHO.
Hope this helps.
PS. Most of the really positive responses that you'll read come from 2nd gen owners - I have no Idea why, but they seem to get a more pronounced response from the Gipro ATRE.:cool:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well thats good for me... I love the 2nd gen :lol:. Thanks for you info

·
Registered
341 Posts
I would recommend one. I have one on my second gen and you can tell a slight difference but it is not crazy noticeable. The best part is the gear indicator. I would recomend getting a- 1 front sprocket. Best bang for the buck I have done.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah when i do a sprocket change i think im gonna do -1/+1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts