Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my leo vince exhaust on, and GiPro and sounds awesome. I really like the gear indicator which was main reason for getting Gipro. But, i tried the hard setting today on the tre and it makes a pretty big difference on take off. I will try the soft setting tomorrow. I will post pics tomorrow of new stuff installed lately.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Watch your MPG avg. Mine went way down after adding my Gi ( hitting it harder i guess).Only using hard setting didnt bother with soft. I also removed the 2nd ary plates. Do you have an air filter in it yet? let me know how soft setting works for ya.

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Watch your MPG avg. Mine went way down after adding my Gi ( hitting it harder i guess).Only using hard setting didnt bother with soft. I also removed the 2nd ary plates. Do you have an air filter in it yet? let me know how soft setting works for ya.

All the Gipro does is open the seconday flies sooner. If you have removed them, then the GiPro is just a gear indicator.

The TRE does nothing to the timing whatsoever except the timing of the secondarys opening.

Stock is about 6000 RPMS the secondays open fully (same as Gipro OFF)

GiPro soft opens them fully around 4500 RPMS

Gipro Hard opens them fully around 3000 RPMS

If you have removed the secondary flies, then the GiPro does nothing but indicate what gear your in.

Sorry, but in spite of what you may have thought or been told, thats what the GiPro and Ivans TRE's do. They do NOTHING to the ignition timming.

Your better off leaving the secondarys in and using the GiPro on Hard which is exactly the same as Ivans TRE.

Anything else is just a placebo effect.

I recommend AGAINST removing the secondarys, not needed if you have a GiPro or TRE. Better throttle response with the secondays in till 3000 RPMs then FULL speed ahead.

JJ

·
Registered
681 Posts
I trust ya JJ. The 2nds were all ready out when I went to put in the gipro I did want a gear ind. Should I put them back in when ever I have it apart again?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im leaving the secondary plates in. I probably will leave GiPro on hard setting, but want to see what the soft setting is. I am getting bmc filter and pcIII next. I really like the gear indicator. Can see it very clearly also.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
All the Gipro does is open the seconday flies sooner. If you have removed them, then the GiPro is just a gear indicator.

The TRE does nothing to the timing whatsoever except the timing of the secondarys opening.

If you have removed the secondary flies, then the GiPro does nothing but indicate what gear your in.

Sorry, but in spite of what you may have thought or been told, thats what the GiPro and Ivans TRE's do. They do NOTHING to the ignition timming.

Your better off leaving the secondarys in and using the GiPro on Hard which is exactly the same as Ivans TRE.

I recommend AGAINST removing the secondarys, not needed if you have a GiPro or TRE. Better throttle response with the secondays in till 3000 RPMs then FULL speed ahead.

JJ
Very well put JJ :+1: Your statement should become a sticky because this topic is discussed often.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, that explained the tre better than what i have read before. thanks for help

·
Registered
80 Posts

JJ

JJ, the above is very enlightening. Thank you.

May I ask the source of your information?

I ordered a GiPro today from Cali-sportbike.

No more looking for "7th" gear!

Dave
Bradenton Fl

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I'm for JJ's post being a stick.
I did not know this. Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The GiPro is installed on my '06. I like it very much. It immediately displays a gear change and is accurate.

I will play with the intensity of the LED. It has 10 levels of adjustment, 9 of which it changes brightness based on ambient light. The adjustment is easy to do. Since I virtually never ride at night (Sunday morning group rides!), I have adjusted it to the highest intensity, disabling the auto brightness controller.

First day impression: The engine definitely responds to the TRE.......improved low rpm felt torque.

When the TRE is adjusted to the "hard" setting, the engine pings! My guess is the A/F is lean and the PC requires a remap to compensate. Have others experienced this too?

Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts