Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Basically, these make adjusting your chain a total no-brainer.

The accentric bolt and graduated markings on the Gilles housing/bracket make your adjustments "dead nuts" accurate :badteeth:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,687 Posts
They sure do look sweet circusnuts!! Something to add to the X-mas list f'sho! heehee!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
516 Posts
circusnuts said:
Basically, these make adjusting your chain a total no-brainer.

The accentric bolt and graduated markings on the Gilles housing/bracket make your adjustments "dead nuts" accurate
How do you know they are accurate?
Did you check the actual allignment of your wheel or just line up the marks?
The Gilles might be perfect but you swingarm might be off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,687 Posts
treyzx10r said:
wife bought me a set for my b-day i love that gal
:+1: last time I asked my wife to pick something up at the dealership , some oil I think, she came back with a new Joe Rocket jacket, gloves and a Pit Bull front stand. Gotta' love 'em!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BIKEMIKE said:
How do you know they are accurate?
Did you check the actual allignment of your wheel or just line up the marks?
The Gilles might be perfect but you swingarm might be off.
I adjusted the chain using the Gilles marks, then rechecked it with that alignment tool that mounts on the rear sprocket and has the small rod that runs down the chain for comparison. Yes, for the Gilles adjusters to be accurate, Kawasaki has to have done their job as well (there are dependencies).

I gotta be honest, I had no problems with accuracy before... this just makes adjusting the chain so much cooler and the control is much much better than yanking the wheel back and forth with one hand tightening the axle nut with the other.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
516 Posts
circusnuts said:
I adjusted the chain using the Gilles marks, then rechecked it with that alignment tool that mounts on the rear sprocket and has the small rod that runs down the chain for comparison. Yes, for the Gilles adjusters to be accurate, Kawasaki has to have done their job as well (there are dependencies).

I gotta be honest, I had no problems with accuracy before... this just makes adjusting the chain so much cooler and the control is much much better than yanking the wheel back and forth with one hand tightening the axle nut with the other.
Cool, I'm glad you checked, the Kawi marks can be off, BTW they do look nice.

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BIKEMIKE said:
Cool, I'm glad you checked, the Kawi marks can be off, BTW they do look nice.

Mike
They do match the calipers. I also have the Sato rear sets in gold and as far as appearances it's just a little too much bling for my taste. My wife says maybe I should just get some new gold teeth to balance everything out :badteeth:
 

·
Green Hippie
Joined
·
17,566 Posts
circusnuts said:
They do match the calipers. I also have the Sato rear sets in gold and as far as appearances it's just a little too much bling for my taste. My wife says maybe I should just get some new gold teeth to balance everything out :badteeth:



i like all my gold bling gonna get mo too :mrgreen:
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top