Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a couple pics of a waterjet table we built at my work over the winter time, i had the privilege of painting it and cleaning it all up and making it look good. it was for a several million dollar waterjet that was being shipped to the states from Australia.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
a couple pics of a waterjet table we built at my work over the winter time, i had the privilege of painting it and cleaning it all up and making it look good. it was for a several million dollar waterjet that was being shipped to the states from Australia.

So you worked on it in Australia and it's coming here?

Nice- but you would think we could have at least made that part here if not the whole machine.

At least it's Australia getting the work and not China....

or is it that it was made here and going there?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it was made here, in detroit, but all the components that are going on it are from an australian company, it was just cheaper for them to build it here than build it in australia and ship it here.

·
Registered
772 Posts
So you worked on it in Australia and it's coming here?

Nice- but you would think we could have at least made that part here if not the whole machine.

At least it's Australia getting the work and not China....

or is it that it was made here and going there?
Nope, I think that austrailia is making the important parts, and the table is made closer to the destination. In this case, michigan based on his location.

common to do assembly and partial manufacturing on site or close to it for logisitcs purposes and cost savings.

·
Registered
772 Posts
haha the op beat me to it

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Got it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts